Mi 8 GPS Issue

Hello, i have some similar problem, my gps says it is trying to connect but nothing happens... i am using latest eu rom. Tried arnonymous's settings but it didn't work.

I solved using by.trabzonlu 's post. Thank you. As my rom is in Turkish i am putting its screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-23-21-23-34-963_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-23-21-23-34-963_com.android.settings.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,003
It have a gps conf as normal

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
The real cause of the whole MI8 GPS issue is the missing gps.conf file:

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-8-16.45718/page-5#post-437639

You can find the gps.conf file here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-8-16.45718/page-5#post-437644

right gps.conf file exists. there is no missing gps.conf in my /etc folder.
Just the parameters in the gps.conf file are changed, its more adjusted to european area. I'll give this a try but i dont think this is the issue.

By the way, you CAN'T replace the file with twrp. TWRP say everything is fine after copying the file but it does not replace the file. Just open the file with a text editor and you'll see this is the old one.

Hello everyone, I can confirm that my solution did work, but in the end (much more time than previously) the GPS is still disenabled...

It's my first time on this forum, but Will Xiaomi do something about it or do we need to communicate somewhere on this bug ?

I know that a bug report has been opened, but is it sufficient ?! Thks.

And rooting the device, or installing a custom shall not be a solution, not for solving a GPS issue at least...

Sorry for insisting.

Is the gps.conf solution working ? How do you install it without rooting your device (I need it unrooted to use several apps) ?

If not, what are your a-gps settings, I tried the Turkish parameters but they are not working. Thks.

Sorry for insisting.

Is the gps.conf solution working ? How do you install it without rooting your device (I need it unrooted to use several apps) ?

If not, what are your a-gps settings, I tried the Turkish parameters but they are not working. Thks.
Try to flash the latest MIUI for Mi8. It fixed the issue for me.

Try to flash the latest MIUI for Mi8. It fixed the issue for me.
Thanks for your feedback. Can you please come back in 3 or 4 days and confirm that it still works ?

Furthermore, when you say "flash the latest" it means flash xiaomi eu rom, installing TWRP.
- Is rooting mandatory ?
- Do you still receive OTA updates ?

Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please come back in 3 or 4 days and confirm that it still works ?
Sure. Going to set a reminder now. ;)
- Is rooting mandatory ?
No. It isn't. But I always install Magisk.
- Do you still receive OTA updates ?
Can't really answer this question, but dirty flashing new xiaomi.eu ROM (previous ROM was a xiaomi.eu one too!) left me with a bootloop. I guess it conflicts with Magisk. Easy to fix:
TWRP -> wipe /system -> flash ROM

My GPS has been working for a whole day switching on and off : Bluetooth, data, airplane mode, GPS itself.

I did as follows :
- in localisation (stay a few seconds on the GPS icon to access this menu) : in search, desactivate search by Bluetooth and by wifi.

This coupled with no energy optimisation, location authorization for play store and no interactive mode in energy parameters did the trick.

Is anybody facing the GPS issue after 8.8.24?
For me, I cannot reproduce missing satellites anymore, seems to be fine now, will test a litte more but but seems to be good.

Unfortunately, the Bluetooth issue is existing after airplane mode Bluetooth is disabled and can only enabled after a restart.

Can anybody confirm?

Do you suggest using the "Global optimized GPS File Replacer" Magisk's module?
Would it solve the problem?

All global rom resolved the problem with GPS, the dev china rom still ok but problem many the wasting app and chinese on everywhere, using global MIUI 10 now and its ok with all, both with GPS

Reactions: borjapazr
All global rom resolved the problem with GPS, the dev china rom still ok but problem many the wasting app and chinese on everywhere, using global MIUI 10 now and its ok with all, both with GPS

Are you talking about the official MIUI 10 Global ROM or the xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 STABLE ROM? If you are talking about the official one, where did you download it?
Thanks!

Eu rom always disable gps satt after the time using, i dont know why, with me global rom works always

Reactions: borjapazr
Eu rom always disable gps satt after the time using, i dont know why, with me global rom works always

So, you are using the official ROM. I had the same problem with the latest xiaomi.eu stable version. Now I'm trying the latest weekly MIUI 10 ROM and seems to work fine. Could you tell me which link are you using to download Global MIUI 10 Roms?

So, you are using the official ROM. I had the same problem with the latest xiaomi.eu stable version. Now I'm trying the latest weekly MIUI 10 ROM and seems to work fine. Could you tell me which link are you using to download Global MIUI 10 Roms?

GPS issue is fixed since 8.8.30 or so .... not sure if its even fixed in stable. xiaomi.eu beta is fine

The lastest build global on en.miui.com, on the download section