Mi 8 GPS Issue

Hi, I have updated to stable 10.0.5.0 and the GPS problem is still happening. When the phone is on for a while the GPS stops working. Do you also happen to you?

Hi, I have updated to stable 10.0.5.0 and the GPS problem is still happening. When the phone is on for a while the GPS stops working. Do you also happen to you?
Stable 10.0.5.0 China or xiaomi.eu rom.
For me only fix for GPS was upgrade to 9.6.7.0 global. After that I had no problem with GPS on 10.0.2.0 global and now with 10.0.5.0 xiaomi.eu rom.
Did you noticed when GPS stop working and you restart phone, phone doesn't restart?

Stable 10.0.5.0 China or xiaomi.eu rom.
For me only fix for GPS was upgrade to 9.6.7.0 global. After that I had no problem with GPS on 10.0.2.0 global and now with 10.0.5.0 xiaomi.eu rom.
Did you noticed when GPS stop working and you restart phone, phone doesn't restart?

Currently 10.0.5.0 from xiaomi.eu and I had this same problem on 10.0.4.0. I had the Chinese Oficial(miui 10) before and it worked well.
It happens what you say, when the GPS stop I have to turn off with volume - + power

The lastest build of Mi8 on Android 9 MIUI 10 and you will see how to gps working always and faster than before, 'cause have supports L5 Dual GPS band

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Currently 10.0.5.0 from xiaomi.eu and I had this same problem on 10.0.4.0. I had the Chinese Oficial(miui 10) before and it worked well.
It happens what you say, when the GPS stop I have to turn off with volume - + power
Well, GPS stop working today on 10.0.5.0 xiaomi.eu.

So all EU ROMs have problem with GPS? How, if it based on China ROM and China ROM doesn't have problem with GPS.

Problem from their optimize or something made gps off, try china and global rom now, everything its ok always

Can't go on global rom because I have unlocked phone and banking app won't work.
I hope GPS will work with new android pie rom.

Unlocked phone and changed to global here ok, all banking app ok

Tell me who can know how to achieve a stable work of GPS. On other firmware from other authors GPS does not work, it only works for Xiaomi.eu, how did you do it?

Tell me who can know how to achieve a stable work of GPS. On other firmware from other authors GPS does not work, it only works for Xiaomi.eu, how did you do it?
On 10.0.5.0 stabe xiaomi.eu rom GPS does not work, at least for me. For me GPS work on stable China or stable Global rom.

Reactions: hiphopboy
I have the same problem with my Mi 8 after I flashed latest Xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 Stable ROM. At first, the GPS work as usual with Google Maps, I can do the navigation, but after around 10 minutes, it started to misbehave. Google Maps showed the "Searching for GPS". Restarting the phone is not helping at all.

Then, I tried to install the GPS Status app from Play Store and I was right, not even single GPS satellite locked by my Mi 8. It continuously shows the Searching for GPS message.

I did a quick Google Search and tried a few suggestions from various message boards and I think this one works:
1. Navigate to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > A-GPS Settings
2. Change the A-GPS SI mode to MSB
3. Under SUPL SETTINGS, change server address to supl.google.com and server port to 7276
4. I leave the PREFERRED RESET TYPE to its default parameter (HOT)
5. Click on More.. icon and choose Save

Shut down your Mi 8 and turn it on again after a while. After this, my Mi 8 now is really fast at locking the satellite in Google Maps. The GPS Status also shows the great results. I will upload my screenshot later.

I don't know how long it will last until the GPS broke again, at least today it saved me from being completely lost while navigating around a less visited area of my city. I have to admit the Mi 8 GPS is really accurate, I compare it directly with my partner's iPhone 8 Plus GPS and Mi 8 is a clear winner here. It is really accurate.

Using global rom and dont care about gps anymore
I have the same problem with my Mi 8 after I flashed latest Xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 Stable ROM. At first, the GPS work as usual with Google Maps, I can do the navigation, but after around 10 minutes, it started to misbehave. Google Maps showed the "Searching for GPS". Restarting the phone is not helping at all.

Then, I tried to install the GPS Status app from Play Store and I was right, not even single GPS satellite locked by my Mi 8. It continuously shows the Searching for GPS message.

I did a quick Google Search and tried a few suggestions from various message boards and I think this one works:
1. Navigate to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > A-GPS Settings
2. Change the A-GPS SI mode to MSB
3. Under SUPL SETTINGS, change server address to supl.google.com and server port to 7276
4. I leave the PREFERRED RESET TYPE to its default parameter (HOT)
5. Click on More.. icon and choose Save

Shut down your Mi 8 and turn it on again after a while. After this, my Mi 8 now is really fast at locking the satellite in Google Maps. The GPS Status also shows the great results. I will upload my screenshot later.

I don't know how long it will last until the GPS broke again, at least today it saved me from being completely lost while navigating around a less visited area of my city. I have to admit the Mi 8 GPS is really accurate, I compare it directly with my partner's iPhone 8 Plus GPS and Mi 8 is a clear winner here. It is really accurate.

Using global rom and dont care about gps anymore

That's not the point of my post here. I just tried to help others who still want to use Xiaomi.EU ROM (like me), because it has no ads and the icons are really nice compared to Stable Global ROM. Xiaomi.EU ROM also one of my consideration when decided to buy the Chinese version with already unlocked bootloader than the Global Version with a locked bootloader.

If you are happy with Global ROM that's must be good for you.

Its error on Eu rom, i testing it before so much time and cant fix completly, so i point you need come to china or global rom to stable gps using

Its error on Eu rom, i testing it before so much time and cant fix completly, so i point you need come to china or global rom to stable gps using

Hi, I guess you were right. After a few days now my GPS is completely dead again. It cannot lock even a single satellite. This is sucks, really sucks... I know that we cannot ask the EU ROM developer to fix this issue.

So, I will go back to Stable ROM as you suggested.

*edit: Flashed the MIUI 10 Global Stable back via MiFlashTool and now my GPS is live again! Now it can easily lock 31 or 32 satellite. Well, I guess I have to bid a farewell to EU ROM at least for now, but I will keep watching this forum for any news regarding this GPS issue :)

Last edited:
31 and 34 st cause its see more with L5 Sat, stable gps always with Global Rom ! I forget eu rom already :d
Hi, I guess you were right. After a few days now my GPS is completely dead again. It cannot lock even a single satellite. This is sucks, really sucks... I know that we cannot ask the EU ROM developer to fix this issue.

So, I will go back to Stable ROM as you suggested.

*edit: Flashed the MIUI 10 Global Stable back via MiFlashTool and now my GPS is live again! Now it can easily lock 31 or 32 satellite. Well, I guess I have to bid a farewell to EU ROM at least for now, but I will keep watching this forum for any news regarding this GPS issue :)

31 and 34 st cause its see more with L5 Sat, stable gps always with Global Rom ! I forget eu rom already :d

How about the fix as suggested by RainGater? Do you want to try it? :)

How about the fix as suggested by RainGater? Do you want to try it? :)
Look at the attached screenshots taken inside my home. Impressive. 33/34 satellites in use with 13 ft/20 ft accuracy.

I had GPS turned off and turned it back on and within 15 seconds, those were the readings. If I walk outside, the locks happen even quicker!

Attachments

• GPS-1.png
    GPS-1.png
    141 KB · Views: 413
  • GPS-2.png
    GPS-2.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 388