Mi 8 - Return to global?

abajurlio

Members
Jun 21, 2019
Hello, I've been posting for the past week looking for advice on how to return to global or if it is even possible.

I KNOW they will stop updating Global Dev that's not the type of advice I'm looking for.

I'm running Xiaomi.eu Stable 10.3.3.0 with unlocked bootloader (MI8 has anti rollback).

Can I return to global stable 10.3.2.0? Can I update to Global Dev 9.6.20? Are they any risks or can I just follow the precedure as in en.miui step-by-step?

Hello, I've been posting for the past week looking for advice on how to return to global or if it is even possible.

I KNOW they will stop updating Global Dev that's not the type of advice I'm looking for.

I'm running Xiaomi.eu Stable 10.3.3.0 with unlocked bootloader (MI8 has anti rollback).

Can I return to global stable 10.3.2.0? Can I update to Global Dev 9.6.20? Are they any risks or can I just follow the precedure as in en.miui step-by-step?
Anyone? I need the answer too

Mi 8 haven't ARB... You can flash Global...

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

First of all, is your device Mi 8 or Mi Max 3 ? Since i see a difference between your first post here and your last.

Second, if your device is CN then flashing Global rom on it would result in a brick if you lock the bootloader (selecting clean all and lock). If you don't lock the bootloader you should be fine.

As for flashing the rom, it can be done through MiFlash for the official roms and through twrp for the ones here.
You can also flash the device in fastboot mode using the scripts provided in the tgz file for the official rom. Same caution applies to using the clean all and lock as before.

Mi 8 haven't ARB... You can flash Global...

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka
IT is not a question about ARB:
MI8 CHINA model ( the one that is sold exclusively in Chinese market) is locked to CHINA rom and will brick if you flash Global via TWRP....IT must reject you to do it via MIFLASH. (not allowed)
Now I see the guy is asking about MIMAX3. This phone is ARB and may be region locked the same. I would avoid doing something via TWRP (and relocking bootloader after.) It's a suicid!

IT is not a question about ARB:
MI8 CHINA model ( the one that is sold exclusively in Chinese market) is locked to CHINA rom and will brick if you flash Global via TWRP....IT must reject you to do it via MIFLASH. (not allowed)
Now I see the guy is asking about MIMAX3. This phone is ARB and may be region locked the same. I would avoid doing something via TWRP (and relocking bootloader after.) It's a suicid!
Yah i read a lot its a suicide :) thanks anyway
I would love if anyone will help me to go global rom :) i dont know how to do its still confusing me, cause someone saying if you from a CN rom dont flash global it will brick.