Mi 8 SE don't boot with xiaomi.eu rom

Stefanilla

Members
Aug 18, 2018
Hello, Im fighting since yesterday to install xiaomi.eu on Mi 8 SE and it don't want to work. Maybe someone could help me to resolve my problem? :)
I tried 2 methods:
  1. install china dev through MiFlash > enable USB debug in system > install TWRP 3.2.3 >wipe / format data,dalvik,cache in TWRP > install xiaomi.eu
  2. install china dev through MiFlash > enable USB debug in system > install TWRP 3.2.3 > wipe / format data in TWRP> install lazyflasher > reboot > wipe data,system, dalvik, cache in TWRP > install xiaomi.eu

but every time I got stuck on Mi logo with three dots loading.

I tried to flash also TWRP 3.2.1 but at the end it gives the same result

Last edited:
Hi,
in the Wipe section of TWRP there is an option FORMAT DATA - click on it and type yes to confirm erasure. (This will wipe all your data - copy your files to pc). Then install the rom, format Dalvik and Cache and reboot to system.

Reactions: napalmd
@zmajdk yea, I have unlocked bootloader
@werty I tried also to wipe dalvik and cache after installation and data of course before installation without any success

Last edited:
@werty if you read my post carefully you would know that I did it
Sorry I'm persistent but I can't find anywhere in your text you mentioned unlocked bootloader, but ok if you did as werty Said format data - reboot to TWRP recovery - copy xiaomi.eu rom to storage from PC and flash it.
You may try newest TWRP version for Mi 8 se

Sorry :) unlocked bootloader was too obvious for me to write it. There is no newer TWRP than 3.2.3 I think

@werty I tried also to wipe dalvik and cache after installation and data of course before installation without any success
There is a difference between Wipe Data and Format data in TWRP. Go to Wipe section and in the lower right corner there is FORMAT DATA.

Attachments

• b8d6b126-8951-4c34-ad38-118557ee6558.jpg
    b8d6b126-8951-4c34-ad38-118557ee6558.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,042
Reactions: zmajdk
I found some chinese version 3.2.3 and tried to flash xiaomi.eu on china dev with wiping data,dalvik,cache, before and after installation but again three dots are loading since ~7minutes

You can wipe as many times you want. Unless you Format data as in the screenshot posted above, it won`t boot.

I did like on screenshot but it didint work. I guess I will have to get use to china rom
When you click on Format data it asks you to confirm it by typing "yes" like in the screenshot below?

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 712
no, on every 3 TWRP that I found I never had to write yes. It goes directly after swap that arrow to format and wiping factory reset

Can you see Format data in the screenshot below? If yes, click on it and confirm by typing yes. Then copy rom to your phone and flash it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_201941.jpg
    IMG_20180818_201941.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,065
Reactions: DVIALES and zmajdk
Hi,
in the Wipe section of TWRP there is an option FORMAT DATA - click on it and type yes to confirm erasure. (This will wipe all your data - copy your files to pc). Then install the rom, format Dalvik and Cache and reboot to system.
Same problem..
after format date.. how can i copy the MIUI EU file to my device?

Hi,
This worked for me. I was stuck on boot forever after I flashed eu rom.

quetion - after formating data I find that I cant copy the new rom to the internal storage, the copy process starts but seems to be stuck. how can I copy the rom to the device?