[Mi 8 SE] Fastboot loop after flashing custom ROM

yakuri354

Members
Nov 5, 2020
I was recently using latest xiaomi.eu 12 and suddenly decided to flash another ROM. After flashing it I got into fastboot which loaded instead of OS and Recovery and did not allow me to boot into recovery (fastboot lock as described here). After this I flashed latest developer stock for my phone via MiFlash. It successfully flashed and booted. Now I cannot install xiaomi.eu again, after formatting data and flashing zip I encounter the same fastboot lock and the only option is to reflash stock via miflash. I've done it a lot of times, tried different versions of Recovery, xiaomi.eu, Magisk, dm-verity disabler and the outcome is the same. How can I flash xiaomi.eu again?

I was recently using latest xiaomi.eu 12 and suddenly decided to flash another ROM. After flashing it I got into fastboot which loaded instead of OS and Recovery and did not allow me to boot into recovery (fastboot lock as described here). After this I flashed latest developer stock for my phone via MiFlash. It successfully flashed and booted. Now I cannot install xiaomi.eu again, after formatting data and flashing zip I encounter the same fastboot lock and the only option is to reflash stock via miflash. I've done it a lot of times, tried different versions of Recovery, xiaomi.eu, Magisk, dm-verity disabler and the outcome is the same. How can I flash xiaomi.eu again?
MI8SE can be tricky. I know!
In my view you have an issue with decryption via TWRP. Something goes wrong and you turn back to fastboot.
If you know your phone a way to investigate by flashing an old fastboot Android 9 rom and upgrade step by step to Miui12 with latest TWRP.
This is only a suggestion. I wish it works for you.
Keep me informed, I have given my old 8SE to the kids and they will surely come to me for Miui12 update..

Hello,

I've got the same issue. Your solution worked! Thanks. I flashed my phone with an official miui 10, and then I flashed twrp to install xiaomi.eu v10. Then I could upgrade to v12 directly.

I just got 3 problems :
1. you need to use an original Xiaomi USB cable. Miflash crashed when I used an other cable (oculus one).
2. you need to install the right version of twrp according to the android version installed in your phone.
3. I had to flash persist.img from the official miui rom in the end to remove this horrible message : Find device storage is corrupted. Your device is unsafe now.

I hope it will help some people

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm stuck with this issue. I have tried to flash an old version of miui (10.0.1.0) and it works, but once I do that the updater don't detect any new version and I can't get a TWRP. You say you need the rigt TWRP for each Android, can you be more explicit?
Thanks,

Hello,
I'm stuck with this issue. I have tried to flash an old version of miui (10.0.1.0) and it works, but once I do that the updater don't detect any new version and I can't get a TWRP. You say you need the rigt TWRP for each Android, can you be more explicit?
Thanks,
Hi
Have a look here: keep contact them
Don't expect too many OTA to come because this good phone is going out of the XIAOMI follow up.And It is easy to install them by hand. (with good TWRP)