[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 11 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.1.9

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

I am starting a new series to discuss what's new and bugs happening in EU beta ROMs. It will be helpful if some of you can report and confirmed the issue here to official Xiaomi.EU website. So without further ado, let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Updated some icons.
New icons for Clean up and Screen Time.
forum.php
forum.php

NEW BUGS
- Notification shade cards font-weight return to default for each reboot.
Every time the device reboots, the font used in notification shade will return to default settings (Ignore user font-weight settings).
Only can be temporary fix by changing the font-weight slider at Settings.
forum.php

BUGS FIXED
- Fix issue of Google Feed doesn't change to dark theme when dark mode enabled.

REMAINING BUGS
1. Data usage settings do not follow SIM Card choice.

2. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).

Strange issue happening here, and the font-weight looks a little bit different compared to previous releases too.

yes, font bold really weird on this version. hope xiaomi will fix it. I think maybe developer just remove bold font weight option since global version dont use this feature. Maybe this feature just compatible with milan pro font.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I think the font looks better in this release,its a little bolder,its even changing on 3rd party fonts,i thinks its good

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

I think the font looks better in this release,its a little bolder,its even changing on 3rd party fonts,i thinks its good

nope, the bold font and normal font look same. i dont know in MI CC 9, but in Mi 8 it look almost same.

nope, the bold font and normal font look same. i dont know in MI CC 9, but in Mi 8 it look almost same.

No no I'm just saying after i flashed this update my font looks better its a little bolder in notification dots and dome other places,i think its an improvement, maybe its different on yours, its like that made the normal Font a little bolder
After a while it does actually look wired in places

Last edited:
Double pressing the volume down button wont open the camera when the screen is locked. It triggers the camera but we need to unlock the phone to use it.

Anyone?

Double pressing the volume down button wont open the camera when the screen is locked. It triggers the camera but we need to unlock the phone to use it.

Anyone?

Working just fine on Mi 8 SE.

to fix boldness issue is using custom font. It fix for me. now iam using this font one ui by sujit on theme store.

Xiaomi made some major changes in the dynamic font related code on 20.1.9 that did not exist on Closed Beta 20.1.8. I will keep tracking changes, hopefully they'll fix the inconsistent behavior until next public release. Will also try to fix this myself, but I'm not too optimistic at the moment.

Xiaomi made some major changes in the dynamic font related code on 20.1.9 that did not exist on Closed Beta 20.1.8. I will keep tracking changes, hopefully they'll fix the inconsistent behavior until next public release. Will also try to fix this myself, but I'm not too optimistic at the moment.
I see. Thanks for your information

Thank you for the information

Guys You are having problems with wallpapers? It always keeps the same wallpaper that i have in homescreen for lockscreen and i can't change it.
This bug only happens when i put an animated wallpaper

I think xiaomi added LHDC support for Mi 8 in this version, I don't remember it in the previous.

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_035018.jpg
    IMG_20200113_035018.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 349
Even if I have dark mode enabled I still have white Google feed and White App Vault.
Someone with the same issue?
d9c57386d98bc20938161a2592c5ad6f.jpg
5fc0fc26cae3203d3582ae6c558b3f2d.jpg
0f50d3d2bdf3ba656ff1c1075e429d01.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Even if I have dark mode enabled I still have white Google feed and White App Vault.

Turn on global dark mode

Help. Cant sync google account in chrome. It says its an existing accoubt already. I cant sync it

No one said that App vault supports dark mode yet. As for the Google feed, dark mode works fine here, so update your Google app or something.

I also noticed that font bold really weird on this version. hope xiaomi will fix it quickly.

Last edited: