[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 11 Xiaomi.EU Beta 9.12.12

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

I am starting a new series to discuss what's new and bugs happening in EU beta ROMs. It will be helpful if some of you can report and confirmed the issue here to official Xiaomi.EU website. So without further ado, let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Dark mode for Security app.
System-wide dark mode for Security app finally arrived.
Did not cover Cleaner, Deep Clean, WhatsApp Cleaner and Facebook cleaner yet.
forum.php
forum.php

2. Use app icons for notifications on AOD.
Enable to use application icons instead of MIUI stylized icons on always-on display.
forum.php

3. Hybrid permission manager returned
System now use both stock Android 10 and MIUI permission manager to manage apps permissions.

NEW BUGS
- None

BUGS FIXED
1. FIX issue with Ultra Battery Saver can't be placed into notification shade.
forum.php

2. FIX category mislabelling on Screen Time settings.
forum.php

REMAINING BUGS
1. Data usage settings do not follow SIM Card choice.

2. Dynamic font-weight feature broke several third-party apps font boldness (e.g. WhatsApp).

3. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space.

Good update overall! But little bit confused with the decision to use two permission manager on MIUI. IMO, its better to stick into the last week MIUI permission manager. And bold text issue still doesn't fix at least in WhatsApp.

Good update overall! But little bit confused with the decision to use two permission manager on MIUI. IMO, its better to stick into the last week MIUI permission manager.
We're trying to use MIUI's permission manager, but currently it doesn't work as expected. It doesn't handle certain scenarios correctly, like setting a third-party default SMS app - renders the SMS app unusable because of some missing permissions. The hybrid permission management is currently only on Android 10.
Android 9 still has the MIUI permission manager.

We're trying to use MIUI's permission manager, but currently it doesn't work as expected. It doesn't handle certain scenarios correctly, like setting a third-party default SMS app - renders the SMS app unusable because of some missing permissions. The hybrid permission management is currently only on Android 10.
Android 9 still has the MIUI permission manager.
I see! Thanks for your clarification.

Reactions: paulpap
I still have the play store issue, app downloads are very slow. Are you facing the same problem?

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

I still have the play store issue, app downloads are very slow. Are you facing the same problem?

Solved by cleaning app "downloads" all data

We've checked what happened with the fixed bold text using the dynamic font.
Apparently, Xiaomi didn't include certain necessary code for certain devices (like Mi 8), while they did include it for others (like Mi 9), so currently we're unsure which devices have the dynamic font fixed besides Mi 9.

Found this new hidden setting :D New feature coming soon
Supported devices are supposed to have "support_display_expert_mode" set to "true" in their device_features XML.
This is very likely a hardware-dependent feature, but we'll see.

We've checked what happened with the fixed bold text using the dynamic font.
Apparently, Xiaomi didn't include certain necessary code for certain devices (like Mi 8), while they did include it for others (like Mi 9), so currently we're unsure which devices have the dynamic font fixed besides Mi 9.

Supported devices are supposed to have "support_display_expert_mode" set to "true" in their device_features XML.
This is very likely a hardware-dependent feature, but we'll see.
I see. Hoping MIUI China Beta will fix that in later update. Wonder why they don't put the code changes to Mi 8. Anyway lets wait for further update :)

Reactions: haziqabgsapri
I see. Hoping MIUI China Beta will fix that in later update. Wonder why they don't put the code changes to Mi 8. Anyway lets wait for further update :)
Either way, I already pulled the required changes from Mi 9 and applied on a Mi 8, that fixed the issue.
Another device which has this issue solved officially is Mi 6.
Don't know which devices, other than Mi 8, have the fix missing.

Either way, I already pulled the required changes from Mi 9 and applied on a Mi 8, that fixed the issue.
Another device which has this issue solved officially is Mi 6.
Don't know which devices, other than Mi 8, have the fix missing.
Good to know! Thank you for your hard work :D

And the bluetooth still light grey

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-14-10-08-19-096_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-14-10-08-19-096_com.miui.home.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 574