[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 11 Xiaomi.EU Beta 9.12.19 [Reupload]

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

I am starting a new series to discuss what's new and bugs happening in EU beta ROMs. It will be helpful if some of you can report and confirmed the issue here to official Xiaomi.EU website. So without further ado, let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Improved dark mode support on Security app.
All interface in Security (inc. Cleaner, Deep Clean, WhatsApp Cleaner, etc) now support dark mode.
forum.php

2. Added recently used section in Security app.
Most recent items used will be appeared at on top of Utilities interface.
forum.php

3. New popup color filter in built-in image editor.
You now can make people in photos stands out from the background.
forum.php

4. New battery icon [REUPLOAD]
Battery icon return to default MIUI 11 interface.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
- None

BUGS FIXED
1. FIX issue with font boldness in third-party apps.
2. FIX missing charging indicator on status bar and notification shade. [REUPLOAD]
3. FIX AOD stability issue. [REUPLOAD]

REMAINING BUGS
1. Data usage settings do not follow SIM Card choice.

2. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space.

Great job Xiaomi.eu developer! They reupload today beta ROM and fix these two critical bugs happening before!
If you have issue with the first version, just redownload it at the official Xiaomi.eu site.

Last edited:
Yeah, I messed up a piece of code. We'll re-release the affected ROMs, but first we wanna understand what happened to the charging icon. (something we haven't changed for a long while)
As for the Chinese service card in App vault, I already patched it up, so I'm surprised that you're seeing it. It's probably a leftover from previous build.
Try clearing App vault app data then force closing System launcher (that will restart the App vault)

Usually there is lightning sign in battery icon while charging
But somehow the lightning is missing
There is no problem on 9.12.12

Yeah, I messed up a piece of code. We'll re-release the affected ROMs, but first we wanna understand what happened to the charging icon. (something we haven't changed for a long while)
As for the Chinese service card in App vault, I already patched it up, so I'm surprised that you're seeing it. It's probably a leftover from previous build.
Try clearing App vault app data then force closing System launcher (that will restart the App vault)
Okay will try it. Thanks for the feedback.

its work, remove chinese service card

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's normal behavior but even with the re-upload the AOD doesn't goes totally black if the proximity sensor is covered for more than 5 minute..

Before when you cover the proximity sensor ( like in a pocket) after 5 minute the screen goes totally black to save battery

I don't know if it's normal behavior but even with the re-upload the AOD doesn't goes totally black if the proximity sensor is covered for more than 5 minute..

Before when you cover the proximity sensor ( like in a pocket) after 5 minute the screen goes totally black to save battery
Proximity sensor should still turn off the AOD, like when you put the device in your pocket for example. I tested that and it works fine.
As for leaving the device in a dark room - that one was disabled. Most users want their AOD actually 'always on' to show the time when they're in bed.

Review updated adapting to the reupload version of today updates!

P/S : @Igor Eisberg Wondering here whether will you stick to use new MIUI 11 battery icon in further updates?
Yes, Xiaomi left us no choice. The charging/quick charging icons are now part of the battery indicator vector, the old icon's vector doesn't have them, so... yeah, no choice but to use the new fugly icon.

Proximity sensor should still turn off the AOD, like when you put the device in your pocket for example. I tested that and it works fine.
As for leaving the device in a dark room - that one was disabled. Most users want their AOD actually 'always on' to show the time when they're in bed.

after how many time it will turn off the AOD ? because on my mi 9t even after 10 minutes the AOD still on (just tested on the table with a tissue on it to be sure i wasn't crazy)

after how many time it will turn off the AOD ? because on my mi 9t even after 10 minutes the AOD still on (just tested on the table with a tissue on it to be sure i wasn't crazy)
It's exactly 1 minute on Mi 8, after the proximity sensor has been completely covered.
As soon as the cover has been removed, AOD turns on again.

Ok so it might be a issue with my device then, i'll look futher and post it on "Bugs" if i can't fix it :) thanks

Hello. I dont have Gmail notifications...
How to have it? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-20-17-20-36-490_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-20-17-20-36-490_com.android.settings.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot_2019-12-20-17-20-41-120_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-20-17-20-41-120_com.android.settings.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 224
Ok so it might be a issue with my device then, i'll look futher and post it on "Bugs" if i can't fix it :) thanks
Not sure there's any point in reporting it, I don't have the device so no way to fix it on our side anyways.

Check if your proximity sensor working properly by make a call. Maybe sensor problem

This is the first thing i tried, after 5 second the AOD dim to very low brightness but after 1 minute it doesn't turn off

Not sure there's any point in reporting it, I don't have the device so no way to fix it on our side anyways.

Ok thanks :) so just for info, tried everything ( except clean flash ) and yeah it doesn't turn off after 1 minute, in a older rom it was turning off after like 5 minute or so

Yes, Xiaomi left us no choice. The charging/quick charging icons are now part of the battery indicator vector, the old icon's vector doesn't have them, so... yeah, no choice but to use the new fugly icon.
@Igor Eisberg
Do you patch also the battery icon from AOD?
Its old one...

Enviado do meu Mi 9 SE através do Tapatalk