[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 12 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.7.16

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Redesigned accessibility settings.
Categorized accessibility settings into general, vision, hearing and physical section.
forum.php

2. Improved Always on Display (AOD) settings UI.
Added icons beside text of displayed items in AOD UI.
forum.php

3. Added option to change atmospheric pressure unit on Weather.
Change atmospheric pressure to variety number of units.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
1. Floating notification missing shadow underneath it.
Difficult to read the floating notification especially when on any apps that use light theme (e.g. Settings).
(Appears on MIUI 12 20.7.9 as well)

2. Settings crashed when searching for Accessibility option in search.

BUGS FIXED
1. Fix issue with widgets scrolling behavior..

2. Same as listed down on official changelog.

REMAINING BUGS
1. Picture in Picture (PiP) broke.
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be activated properly in small PiP window (When using full screen gestures).

2. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.

3. Dark mode status bar blackened problem in force dark mode apps.

Nothing special to mention in this update. But the missing shadows behind the floating notification really makes it hard to separate between the app foreground and the floating notification (lack of depth).

SD845 devices end of beta builds:
50 days left

Last edited:
I'm noticing that I need to click twice or wait a little bit when wanting to share a screenshot via other app, the touch doesn't respond properly, no trouble whatsoever sharing via other way. Can you check if you have this behavior also? Slds,

Reactions: ilove_mi8
I'm changelog mentions that steps are also shown in the AOD. However, I am missing the entry.
Incidentally, you cannot change any of the options mentioned with the AOD from superwallpaper. The option is simply missing.
fbf264d5d8098dd8ee65bf5e1942415c.jpg
f2075c592604c6dbe0d62b9d13f60d3a.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

I'm noticing that I need to click twice or wait a little bit when wanting to share a screenshot via other app, the touch doesn't respond properly, no trouble whatsoever sharing via other way. Can you check if you have this behavior also? Slds,
View attachment 30945
Yeah I do face this weird touch behavior too. The touch also doesn't respond accurately when using YouTube in floating window mode especially when the window are small. Not sure if its related or not.

Reactions: REDMI_GT
View attachment 30945
Hi, it happened to me the first time I tried to share a screenshot.
But then I tried again and it never happened again.
Mi 9TPro

Reactions: REDMI_GT
I formatted everything then flashed the rom but the quick tool bar remained as MIUI 11. How can I fix this