New Mi 9 9.6.20 reading mode turns on automatically at night without being enabled

matwoj

Members
Jun 29, 2019
Hey, so as in the thread title, reading mode activates itself at night, lasts from around 23 to 10, it makes my screen orange tinted. I cannot shut it off, the settings look like this.

I was wondering if it might be night mode as well but the tint is still there even with those settings.

I've had this issue on the last 3 versions of xiaomi.eu as well.

Last edited:
Hello,

I just go my first MIUI phone and I noticed the same as yours. I can't turn off the yellow tint when it's after the sunset and before the sunrise. I tried every combination with the night mode but it doesn't seem possible. Any news about it?

Hello,

I just go my first MIUI phone and I noticed the same as yours. I can't turn off the yellow tint when it's after the sunset and before the sunrise. I tried every combination with the night mode but it doesn't seem possible. Any news about it?
Fixed with a clean install of an newer version, currently on 9.10.10

Fixed with a clean install of an newer version, currently on 9.10.10

I am on 11.11.3 though.
Do you thing it's gonna get fixed with a factory reset? I fixed it! It must have taken my other phone's setting and it applied them on this one. Here is the solution.
Besides that, I have battery drain compared to my Honor Play. After 8 hours and only 40 min screen on time it lost 40%. That's major issues for my taste.
Edit: I didn't mention I have the Mi 9 Lite.

Last edited: