[Mi 9][MIUI 12] Extreme battery drain on Standby

andrecuellar

Members
Jan 8, 2019
Hello, I have MIUI 12 (xiaomi.eu) since May 2, those days I didn't feel many battery problems (I don't remember), however last night something happened that caught my attention, I went to sleep with approximately 80% (or more) battery and woke up with the phone turned off!
I tried to turn it on and it turned off, I turned it back on and it turned on with 3% battery!

someone suffer a similar situation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-06-10-55-27-203_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-06-10-55-27-203_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 2,200
  • Screenshot_2020-05-06-11-14-57-649_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-06-11-14-57-649_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 1,507
  • Screenshot_2020-05-06-11-14-57-649_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-06-11-14-57-649_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 736
Hello,
I have been experiencing the same problem. My phone is 5 months old, it was working just fine and the battery was also lasting for 9-10 hours but after the last security update that took place in the start of May, my battery started draining so quickly. Sometimes, jumping from 80% to 5% in less than an hour!!!
Is there someone who has experienced the same thing?

I have battery drain too, on a different device tough. 1h active and 4h standby and I’ve lost 40-50% during the standby phase...with clean install, no root and no super wallpapers activated. It’s a MIUI 12 Beta problem which i hope will be solved by the official team (it’s their fault)

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: AhriHunter004
Hello, I have MIUI 12 (xiaomi.eu) since May 2, those days I didn't feel many battery problems (I don't remember), however last night something happened that caught my attention, I went to sleep with approximately 80% (or more) battery and woke up with the phone turned off!
I tried to turn it on and it turned off, I turned it back on and it turned on with 3% battery!

someone suffer a similar situation?
View attachment 29515
Must be something wrong with your battery? Or maybe try clean install again? Not much battery drain on my Mi 9 with super wallpapers disabled. Good luck!

I have battery drain too, on a different device tough. 1h active and 4h standby and I’ve lost 40-50% during the standby phase...with clean install, no root and no super wallpapers activated. It’s a MIUI 12 Beta problem which i hope will be solved by the official team (it’s their fault)

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
Try updating to the latest beta of miui 12. Seems to be less battery drain for me. Good luck!

Hello,
I have been experiencing the same problem. My phone is 5 months old, it was working just fine and the battery was also lasting for 9-10 hours but after the last security update that took place in the start of May, my battery started draining so quickly. Sometimes, jumping from 80% to 5% in less than an hour!!!
Is there someone who has experienced the same thing?
Try updating to the latest beta of miui 12 or try clean install if you dirty flashed it. Should solve the problem. Good luck!

Did anyone solve the problem? I'm currently using the beta 20.7.9 and there's still some battery drain. I don't even have 3h of active use. Does anyone know if it's better in stable version?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Did anyone solve the problem? I'm currently using the beta 20.7.9 and there's still some battery drain. I don't even have 3h of active use. Does anyone know if it's better in stable version?

On a second reboot after calibration (full discharge then full charge without break with phone turned off, unplug then turn on) it's the same as MIUI 11. I can still get 4-5 hours SoT over 20-24 hours per charge.

On a second reboot after calibration (full discharge then full charge without break with phone turned off, unplug then turn on) it's the same as MIUI 11. I can still get 4-5 hours SoT over 20-24 hours per charge.
Thanks for the tip off calibrating the battery, I'll give it a try.
Hope this helps, because I'm really surprised if my active use drain... In normal use (WhatsApp, Instagram...) I get about 15-20%/h...
My mi 9 is 7 months old

One more thing... Does anyone know that "others" could mean in battery stats?

I believe my battery is a bit better. I've clean installed the new weekly release yesterday. However, There are some apps, like mi Video, that I restricted auto started and I didn't even open it and consumed some battery....
557fa2479394bfaa96c078882220217e.jpg
cf0f33e1099da2c37e2e871b993d5f22.jpg
02ec54e4cf3aad56676b25518acd42d7.jpg

I have do you recomendation, is always good, when u say full discharge u mean battery 0 cero % percent ? and then pluging into charge adapter and wait for full charge unplug then turn on ?

Is there anything that I can do to solve this battery drain?
Bluetooth, GPS, sync and location are off. Auto starts apps are restricted...
Even though I got almost 20% of usage with very few SoT
a4b8f2badf1d45ec7d707e64d1b26189.jpg
73aaaedb6fc2d99a406b29552e0f4a50.jpg
2394cec5477459f1ab6e6bb297b196a0.jpg
928ec8216e138a2dd0162e0414dbb648.jpg

Is there anything that I can do to solve this battery drain?
Wakelock Detector used to be working to detect "never sleep" case like this, but it's been outdated for so long and not working in current Android version. Turning off all of those features might actually trigger this problem actually, not all apps adhere to the rule. Some may keep trying to connect to sync or find nearby devices and that prevents the device to sleep because it hasn't gotten the data it needs. I say try enabling everything for some days, a week or so, and see if it got better. You might also need to re-check permissions as this has been "improved" (in the name of privacy, well a lot of people requested it so here's the fruit) and some apps fail to access some features that were available for them in previous MIUI version. I got this problem with AquaMail, correcting the permission fixes it.