New [MI 9] sound issue

Matthew Lunnon

Members
Jan 6, 2018
Hi,

After a couple of reboots I can get it to work, however on my mi9 on the last 2 weekly updates I initially have no sound whatsoever - in phone calls, music apps or YouTube. YouTube also plays video back stuttery and very slowly - Alongside the already noted pip controls not working. Anyone else experiencing this sound loss?

I had exactly these issues on MI 9, which are solved by wipe system and caches in TWRP and (re)install the latest 9.7.11.
Do NOT reboot after wiped your system partition, just follow the sequence and install the ROM. If the TWRP warns you there is no system installed after you installed the ROM and like to do a reboot, then check your TWRP logs. If there is no errors reported, then it is safe to ignore it.

Then the audio came back for me in calls and youtube and other audio apps. No any problem which I had with the audio in the past 2-3 days active usage.

Reactions: Matthew Lunnon
Thank you for your help, I have decided to give Lineage a go now but I'm glad it wasn't a fault only I was experiencing as was certainly a bit strange... Cheers again.

Reactions: drag0njoe
After I sometimes use my bluetooth headset I no longer have any sound in calls. I can't reproduce it. Errors only occur spontaneously.