Mi band 3 mechanical problem

joep203

Members
Nov 16, 2016
Hi,
I make this new thread as I have an - I think - unusual problem.
Since January 2019 I am in the possession of a MI band 3 which works perfect.
However, yesterday when I removed the device from the silicon band, The top came off!! That is the part that has the button.
The first thing I did was press it on again and indeed, that let it function as before. However, that is not the solution as the top comes off practically spontaneously. The device still works with the top loosely attached but of course I cannot wear it anymore. I assume therefore that the top is glued (in some way) to the rest.
My questions therefore are:
1. Does anyone know what parts are fixed together
2. What glue can be used.
I have (as most people I think) superglue which is a fluid glue that fixes in 10 second but I don't know if that is the best glue.
On YouTube you see several films how the Mi band 3 is disassembled but not how they are reassembled.
I hope somebody can give me the needed information,
In the attached picture you see the 2 parts upper is the top (upside down) and lower the display.
Thanks in advance,
Joep L. Blom

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_154106.jpg
    IMG_20190504_154106.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 247
Thanks for your reply.
I thought it was some kind of glue as I cannot see any adhesive tape and the cover is transparent over a large part where apparently glue or tape is not usefull.
Joep

Thanks for your reply.I don't see it and I have looked with a magnifying glass. However, I see in the rim, that runs around the whole display and touch area on some points what seemed to be residues of glue. But I would like to have an answer of a technician of Xiaomi (familiar with the mi band 3) but that is I think highly unlikely.
Well, I'll continue to research.
What's peculiar that I have exactly the same sequnce of xiaomi phones, My first was the Mi4c (which is now used by my wife) and I myself have the A1 and both are perfect phones in my opinion.

Thanks. Yes I know it (of another seller) but before I do damage I want to know exactly how it is done (although a new one is the price of a meal!)