MI Market

srps

Members
Feb 19, 2013
Does someone know how to get Mi Market alongside Play Store? For me the more store choices the better, and besides dual-booting Chinese / International ROM I can't find a way to have both markets with the non-Chinese ROMs.

[Snip]

Thanks.

There are a few free there that are paid elsewhere. Also, doesn't hurt to have more choice I guess.

Should have come with the new 3.31 update under the tools folder. If your not using a development version of Miui then you will need to find an apk to flash.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

It's an illegal apk. We will not support it or tell you how to get it.

Illegal? It comes by default with the original ROM, how's that illegal, and by which country's laws?

If you mean that in these forums it's not allowed to talk about Mi Market app -> apk conversion then it's one thing (although that's not what you said).

Anyway that's not what I asked, my main question is if there's a way to get both markets working in the same boot. If it isn't possible to discuss that in here, no problem, I withdraw my question, as I already got what I needed anyway =).

Regards

seems very very dodgy... the apps may contain virus easily

anyway, I guess that's why the MI-2 comes with anti-virus!

Its an unethical and illegal app in any country that abides by copyright law.

You can download paid apks for free. Its illegal and maddening.

the amazon store offers some apps for free in lucky days or discountthem and it doesn't seem to me illegal, ibotpeaches ifyou can specify that mi market contais cracked apps then i can understand your point

Grab yandex store, they also sell apps. MIUI store includes paid apps for free, since they can't buy apps.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

the amazon store offers some apps for free in lucky days or discountthem and it doesn't seem to me illegal, ibotpeaches ifyou can specify that mi market contais cracked apps then i can understand your point
Amazon do this with the permission of developers. But mi market don't have developer permission. So it's not right to use that app for paid apps

I've tried Mi Market;
1) very suspicious apps
2) in Chinese
3) not necessarily latest version
4) save your headache with just a few dollars, it's developers' effort that we're talking here

Reactions: discom and Baski
I got my Xiaomi 2 stock version here in China, I had Play Store and Mi Market running alongside, and it was just great.

I dunno what you're talking about illegal stuff, Mi Market is just great for China as it has a lot of local stuff (that could be available on Play Store though), and it's just SOOOOO much faster than anything google in China - a very good reason to use it.

I just flashed the Multilang version of 3.3.15 ROM, and Mi Market dissappeared.
I'm considering reverting to the plain version, I'm pretty sure it has Mi Market and english.
Anyone can confirm that?

the number of permissions asked by these apps are crazily high as compared to their counterparts in Google Play Market. I highly believe that there are spywares in EVERY app in Mi Market. Besides, China is highly restrictive.

I confirm, you can only get it from the Chinese bbs equivalent of this forum: http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/topic-mirom.html.
It seem to be the same as the non multilang ROM available here - contains english and chinese-, except for the Mi market. I'm sure there are other differences, but they're not obvious, and not listed in 'About Phone'

Could be that there are some paid apps available for free, I haven't checked.
There are most probably apps that are or contain spyware.

But I'm more worried about getting a system that has backdoor when installing the chinese ROM, like what chinese skype is to regular skype. But it could be that the Rom available here has backdoors, who knows?

Anyways, I don't see any usage in the Mi Market unless you live or travel regularly in china, or interact with friends in Chinese.