Mi Note 10 Lite Stuck on Bootloop

Dharkan

Members
Sep 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

It will be a bit long to explain but I don't want to miss any points. So I've been having problems for the last week, started with my front camera not working anymore and yesterday but back camera did too. I thought I would just try restarting the phone again, maybe that would help. It has been in bootloop (it can somewhat "turn off" but that's not very helpful either) since then and I couldn't find any way to fix it.

1. I can't go to recovery mode by doing the volume up + power, it just turns to bootloop.
2. I can get to fastboot (just the orange fastboot logo appear, that's all but phone is fastboot when I connect to pc) but since the bootloader is LOCKED and I cannot unlock it without turning on the phone.
3. I tried MiFlash, XiaoMiTool v2, MiUnlock but none of them worked, I could not unlock my bootloader or reset the phone to reinstall/format whatever it is to save it.
4. I tried different Mi Accounts while using MiUnlock because it supposedly helped with bootloader unlock but that didn't work either.

All in all, I just want to fix the damn thing, I'm not expecting to save any data. If you have a way to help me fix it, I'll appreciate it greatly.

Reactions: gyongyi.incefi
Hello everyone,

It will be a bit long to explain but I don't want to miss any points. So I've been having problems for the last week, started with my front camera not working anymore and yesterday but back camera did too. I thought I would just try restarting the phone again, maybe that would help. It has been in bootloop (it can somewhat "turn off" but that's not very helpful either) since then and I couldn't find any way to fix it.

1. I can't go to recovery mode by doing the volume up + power, it just turns to bootloop.
2. I can get to fastboot (just the orange fastboot logo appear, that's all but phone is fastboot when I connect to pc) but since the bootloader is LOCKED and I cannot unlock it without turning on the phone.
3. I tried MiFlash, XiaoMiTool v2, MiUnlock but none of them worked, I could not unlock my bootloader or reset the phone to reinstall/format whatever it is to save it.
4. I tried different Mi Accounts while using MiUnlock because it supposedly helped with bootloader unlock but that didn't work either.

All in all, I just want to fix the damn thing, I'm not expecting to save any data. If you have a way to help me fix it, I'll appreciate it greatly.
Was your bootloader unlocked before the bootloop?
If you are able to load fastboot, you can't use an older version of firmware, due to anti-roll back protection. Try using the latest Miflash with the latest official version of the firmware for your device. Be sure to use the correct region firmware. EEA or Global. In the MiFlash Tool, click on driver, should be the 2nd tab, to install the usb drivers.
You can sign up in developer options to unlock the bootloader later, there will be a required time to wait, to unlock the bootloader. The required time to wait will be shown in the MiUnlock Tool.

Was your bootloader unlocked before the bootloop?
If you are able to load fastboot, you can't use an older version of firmware, due to anti-roll back protection. Try using the latest Miflash with the latest official version of the firmware for your device. Be sure to use the correct region firmware. EEA or Global. In the MiFlash Tool, click on driver, should be the 2nd tab, to install the usb drivers.
You can sign up in developer options to unlock the bootloader later, there will be a required time to wait, to unlock the bootloader. The required time to wait will be shown in the MiUnlock Tool.
Thanks @Dharkan for replying. the bootloader was locked before bootloop. I am able to use fastboot.
From your experience, is there any way to save the data in this situation, even backup to xiaomi cloud or something?
I didn't want to use MiFlash or MiUnlock before I was absolutely sure that there is no hope for the data.

Thanks @Dharkan for replying. the bootloader was locked before bootloop. I am able to use fastboot.
From your experience, is there any way to save the data in this situation, even backup to xiaomi cloud or something?
I didn't want to use MiFlash or MiUnlock before I was absolutely sure that there is no hope for the data.
I don't see any way of recovering the data, MiFlash will wipe everything, and will install the stock firmware. MiUnlock is for only unlocking the bootloader, it won't help in this situation.