Mi Note Pro: Complete Beginners Guide

Thanks for the response. ln fact same for about frequency of occurrence. Twice or three times a week l see the phone in that state. By the way l encrypted the phone after flashing if it makes any sense as to understand why this happens. lt is a nuisance and makes me feel if it is worth going all the hassle (buy from china, send it to some other country and get it from there)

I really don't think this has anything to do with your phone being encrypted as mine is not and used to have the same issue. However, it looks like it stopped a week or two ago by itself. If it comes back or gets too annoying, I will take time to investigate - being quite busy at work now.

All in all, I am quite happy with my Mi Note Pro - it's technical capabilities are not any worse (and in fact, in many ways better) than those of brandy stuff that costs 3 times more. Not going to finance someone's marketing costs getting back the brand and logo :D

I really don't think this has anything to do with your phone being encrypted as mine is not and used to have the same issue. However, it looks like it stopped a week or two ago by itself. If it comes back or gets too annoying, I will take time to investigate - being quite busy at work now.

All in all, I am quite happy with my Mi Note Pro - it's technical capabilities are not any worse (and in fact, in many ways better) than those of brandy stuff that costs 3 times more. Not going to finance someone's marketing costs getting back the brand and logo :D
Same motivation l had another underdog alternative though. Zenfone 2 4 gig ram 64 gb model. However l am not a big fan of ıntel and it was a bit bulky. Mi note pro outclassed it. To my dismay i learned a bit late that mi note pro was not truly global (china specifc software). lf not for the xiaomi.eu (fans) i was stuck by lots of runes

MI NOTE Pro cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

@Mixxalych , please help ....:)

1. Why the command fastboot oem device-info didn't work? This command gives info whether mobile is locked or unlocked.

upload_2016-5-9_14-23-12.png

2. What is the difference between MiFlash and MiPCSuite and which one to use in your case of Q15?

3. Still confusing! Do I have to unlock bootloader to execute the Q15?

Last edited:
What about root access? Is it possible to get root with stable room or just developer Rom?

@Mixxalych , please help ....:)

1. Why the command fastboot oem device-info didn't work? This command gives info whether mobile is locked or unlocked.

View attachment 12208

2. What is the difference between MiFlash and MiPCSuite and which one to use in your case of Q15?

3. Still confusing! Do I have to unlock bootloader to execute the Q15?
Hey,

2. MiPCSuite is something like iTunes if you wish, more capable of "official" operations on your Mi Phone, like backup, installing and upgrading to official ROMs (which you don't really need) and so on. MiFlash is for doing advanced flashing if you wish and this is the one you should use in my Q15 (I believe there is also a download link for it).

1. On the command line question - don't remember by heart, but try fastboot into twrp.img - if your bootloader is locked you can rest assured you will understand it by two.img failing to load via fastboot :)

3. Proceed on presumption that your bootloader is not locked. If you fail to load twrp.img than your bootloader is locked and so you will need to switch a longer route and unlock it first.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Papao
What about root access? Is it possible to get root with stable room or just developer Rom?
Having root on your device does not generally depend on the ROM, as you can have root access on both stable and developer ROMs.

There was a good guide on how to root your device, but generally it is done by fastbooting into TWRP, installing SuperSU essentials and then rebooting normally into OS and finishing the installation.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

3. Proceed on presumption that your bootloader is not locked. If you fail to load twrp.img than your bootloader is locked and so you will need to switch a longer route and unlock it first.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hi Mixxalych,

Newbie here.
Look like my bootloader is locked. What is the long route to unlock?

I got it done yesterday with the long route. thanks to the guide.

Now the question is to root or unroot the phone. If rooted will I get OTA updates? Can someone please share.

I got it done yesterday with the long route. thanks to the guide.
Now the question is to root or unroot the phone. If rooted will I get OTA updates? Can someone please share.

Good to hear, thanks for sharing!
OTAs are discussed in greater detail in Q19, but generally speaking, having your phone rooted or not does have little to no effect on OTA updates.

Good to hear, thanks for sharing!
OTAs are discussed in greater detail in Q19, but generally speaking, having your phone rooted or not does have little to no effect on OTA updates.

Thank you for your reply and of course your guide.

Now I have another problem. I can't backup using MiPCSuite. error message, "Couldn't backup device". By the way, i also did and installed SU and am now superuser. Could this be the problem?

Also, how do i check if my phone is rooted?

Sorry so many questions.

Now I have another problem. I can't backup using MiPCSuite. error message, "Couldn't backup device". By the way, i also did and installed SU and am now superuser. Could this be the problem?

Also, how do i check if my phone is rooted?

Sorry so many questions.
Download check root from playstore. Though i found no practical benefit for supersu for an ordinary user. Except that banking apps warn you that proceeding with a rooted rom might be dangerous

The fact that you have an unofficial ROM installed made the MiPCSuite quite unhappy and unwilling to back your device up.

However, you should not be too concerned - using MiPCSuite to install offical updates will get your bootloader locked while you always use TWRP backup for your backup needs.

Download check root from playstore. Though i found no practical benefit for supersu for an ordinary user. Except that banking apps warn you that proceeding with a rooted rom might be dangerous

Yes, I thought so, I do not really know how to use the su. Just that how to undo.

The fact that you have an unofficial ROM installed made the MiPCSuite quite unhappy and unwilling to back your device up.

However, you should not be too concerned - using MiPCSuite to install offical updates will get your bootloader locked while you always use TWRP backup for your backup needs.
Thanks. It is not a real concern I have data backup with mi cloud. As for the system if something goes wrong I can always come back to your guide that I have bookmarked.

Thanks a lot for this very useful guide ... @Mixxalych , I did it without going the long route ... :)

1. I apply the unlock permission through this http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and got it within 7 days or so ... but it is very fast ... my reason to unlock my mi note pro is just to install the EU unofficial international ROM ... :D:D:D

2. I got message from Xiaomi that I have the permission to unlock my device and I download the unlock tool http://en.miui.com/unlock/ . You can download the tool after you got the unlock permission...:)

3. I did exactly as per the Q15 but after issuing the FASTBOOT DEVICES, I want to know whether my device is locked or unlocked by typing the command FASTBOOT OEM DEVICE-INFO ... and it is TRUE for the unlocked status and so I follow the rest of the steps. SUCCESSFUL ... :)

4. After rebooting, my device looks just like I got a new phone ... and no more Chinese apps ... hahaha and .... blabla ... but to my surprise Xiaomi locks my Mi not Pro once again .... :confused::confused::confused: ... OMG, Xiaomi controls my device ... :D:D:D @xiaomi , you know I am a good guy ... :D:D:D

Anyway, thanks again to @Mixxalych , you have done a great job ... :)

upload_2016-5-14_7-36-0.png

Now, I will be going for the long route just to gain experiences ... :D:D:D

Last edited:
Anybody, somebody knows when Mi Note Pro will get its 6 !!! ... :D:D:D

Last edited:
For starters, thanks a lot for this thread i will give this manual / instructions a try tomorrow.
My current status is:

- My chinese warehouse allready put a custom rom on my MI Note Pro (which i wasn't aware off).
- Downloaded the orginal latest version from Miui, and installed that.
- MI Note Pro starts only i don't have a keyboard, so can't type anything for instance in a browser etc.
- Can't boot to Recovery, shows a usb cable image and the phone, that's it.
- Fastbootloader does seem to work, only i'm not that familiar with Fastboot so need to check that out.

At this point it is not clear @ which point of the manual i should start i think, Q17 as i expect to have to unlock the bootloader?
And then i would be able to Q16, when that is done Q15? anybody a suggestion on this, or how i'm able to check where to start?

Panzer

Please Help how to enable LTE option after flash Mi Note (Virgo) with xiaomi eu Rom..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-28-07-43-36_com.android.phone.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-07-43-36_com.android.phone.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 399
I'd suggest you start with Q15 and see how it goes . It is very unlikely that you will not be able to switch into "Fastboot mode". Then, if you are able to boot into TWRP as suggested in Q15, continue following the Q15. If you fail to boot into TWRP you need to go the long route as suggested by Q17.

If in any doubt - please post a screenshot here and a description of what you were doing.

Hope this helps!

Please Help how to enable LTE option after flash Mi Note (Virgo) with xiaomi eu Rom..

Not necessary to enable LTE on my Virgo. LTE is there automatically.
I do not understand...It (Virgo) is available in two versions: double netcom (标准版) and full netcom (全网通)...
Maybe this is the difference...

Before EU ROM, did you have LTE?