Mi Note Pro: Complete Beginners Guide

Having trouble go past Q15 - 3:
When the device is powered off, I press Power + Volume up button -> it loads up mirecovery (I guess that is the fastboot?).
Then when I type "fastboot devices", I get an empty response, I do not see any connected devices.

Btw when the device is turned on regularly, the computer does detect it.

How do I solve this?

Having trouble go past Q15 - 3:
When the device is powered off, I press Power + Volume up button -> it loads up mirecovery (I guess that is the fastboot?).
Then when I type "fastboot devices", I get an empty response, I do not see any connected devices.

Btw when the device is turned on regularly, the computer does detect it.

How do I solve this?
nope to fastboot press Power+Volume down button
What do you want to do?

Oh... All this time I thought I was on the fastboot screen.

Thanks!

I would add it as question to the guide - I haven't seen how to get to the fastboot screen - had to google it but still didn't get it right:)

And - I am trying to get the latest 7.x rom for my device. this is my first time

I don't know what's an unlocked bootloader.

An unlocked bootloader is when you are able to enter "Fastboot Mode" as suggested by Q15 and then boot into TWRP as suggested later on.

If you fail to boot into TWRP then it is likely your bootloader is locked and you will need to proceed with Q17. Post us a screen shot before doing so, just to be sure.

I have managed to follow all the steps and it is booting with MI mi.com + 3 dots and android logo at bottom. How long is 'normal' for it to sit like that?

UPDATE: Took about 5 minutes but it worked. Thank you !

Last edited:
I have managed to follow all the steps and it is booting with MI mi.com + 3 dots and android logo at bottom. How long is 'normal' for it to sit like that?

UPDATE: Took about 5 minutes but it worked. Thank you !

Thanks for letting us know and congratulations! ))

Great little article.
Used step 15 to load a rom. My phone came with a vendor rom which I didn't want.

Currently running latest miui8 beta from this site.

Keep up the good work. Now only if there a way to activate band 28 to use here in Australia.

Thanks for this article - it is very useful.

I am one of the those who recently ordered a Note Pro (mine was configured by Xiaomi Device in China with an English ROM). Everything looked fine upon delivery except there is only 10GB total of internal memory showing and not the 64GB that should be on this model. I am not talking about available memory but total memory. I am wondering if the procedures given in your article would recover the "lost" memory.

Thanks in advance for any relevant insights. I have not yet found one other Note Pro owner with this issue.

Great little article.
Used step 15 to load a rom. My phone came with a vendor rom which I didn't want.

Currently running latest miui8 beta from this site.

Keep up the good work. Now only if there a way to activate band 28 to use here in Australia.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I guess, you might want to ask someone on the DEV team regarding the band 28 activation.

Thanks for this article - it is very useful.
there is only 10GB total of internal memory showing and not the 64GB that should be on this model.

Hey,

This is very weird indeed and something I personally never heard of. From the top of my head, I can imagine three possible reasons for such behaviour:

1. The phone was manufactured with only 10 Gb of memory, not 64 Gb.
2. The phone has 64 Gb, but 54 Gb of it are corrupt and unusable.
3. The phone has 64Gb, but the rest 54Gb are, while functional, not formatted/mounted and thus not visible to the system.

If there iss a possibility to return/exchange your phone, I would recommend doing so without any delay. If that is not possible, I'd suggest to consider downloading the partitioning utility for Android and seeing whether any storage memory beyond 10Gb is accessible at all.

For Q17 trying to unlock my phone, I can't do up to mi flash tool because instead of mi flash tool when installed/setup in my pc it became mi PC suite which if i update from PC Suite it is China ROM again and get my phone locked and can't use eu rom leo that i downloaded the zip file

Maybe I am wrong. Please help how I could proceed from there.

Last edited:
Guys, did not want to start another topic so i decided to ask the question here.
I got 6.8.4 xiaomi.eu weekly ROM on my Mi Note Pro, and sometimes i notice that the phone may randomly reboot on it own(at the same time, losing 3% of battery per reboot). It happens, rarely, but still happens. Yesterday i accepted the call, and in 5 seconds the phone rebooted, which made me especially frustrated. Is the random reboot a very bad sign or common? I've got the warranty from the company that sold me the phone. Should i undertake any severe measures? Is it hardware or software problem? I would really appreciate any advices

Guys, did not want to start another topic so i decided to ask the question here.
I got 6.8.4 xiaomi.eu weekly ROM on my Mi Note Pro, and sometimes i notice that the phone may randomly reboot on it own(at the same time, losing 3% of battery per reboot). It happens, rarely, but still happens. Yesterday i accepted the call, and in 5 seconds the phone rebooted, which made me especially frustrated. Is the random reboot a very bad sign or common? I've got the warranty from the company that sold me the phone. Should i undertake any severe measures? Is it hardware or software problem? I would really appreciate any advices
Try wiping the phone, or try updating your phone with last ROM (6.9.8 --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424964204)
If you decide to wipe your phone, flash last stable ROM (V8.0.1.0 --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424960035)

alberto85,
appreciated your fast respond ;)
Anyway, is it common for Xiaomi phones to reboot on their own, even very rarely?
And one more: by wiping you mean 'system' at TWRP? Or just factory reset after the installment of the stable?

For Xiaomi's phones these reboots are not common. My Mi Note Pro hasn't this problem.
In twrp mode, go to wipe menu and select "Factory Reset". If you don't find this menu, wipe dalvik, cache and data manually.

Try this:
Go to system updates or click update icon. that will take you to the system update page. At the right hand top corner there is vertical "...", click that. You will then have options available to you of which one of it is "Setting". Click that then uncheck "Update automatically". Done!

With this your phone should not update automatically. It will not download the update either. But you will be notified when there is an update and you choose if you wwant to download the update. After it has been downloaded still it will not update automatically. Again you can choose when to update the downloaded update at the notification page. If you closed and cleaned that page without update it and when you want to update it you can find it in the downloaded file. Go to updater icon again and at the updater page click the "..." and click "choose update package" then find it at your download folder or download.rom folder.

And if you cannot find the file, just download again by choosing "Download update"

Last edited:
Hi, I am stuck with step 4 - 7 and my question is in red. I store adb/fastboot drive in C:\adb.
4. Start Windows command prompt by pressing <Windows key> + X and then choosing "Command Prompt (Admin)". Once console (black box) opens, go to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC by typing

> cd C:\ADB
> C: what is the point of going to C drive as you were in ADB folder ?

(change C: and ADB to your respective drive and path you chose in step 1 of this Q15)

5. Now type in the black box fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly. Not quite sure what I have to do as my phone is only registered as a device and not as a drive. Can you please let me know the specific command that I need to type in the black box ?

6. Now type in the black box fastboot boot twrp.img I have typed in twrp.img (which is stored in c:\adb folder, but nothing happens

7. Now your phone should boot into TWRP! Not sure how it can happen. Please advise.
Please also note that when Mi Suite is active, then the phone is connected as per step 2 & 3, I have an option to Flash it with MIUI 8.02 STABLE or MIUI 6. something BETA. I chose 8.02 and it is a big mistake as it is a mixed between Chinese and English and even worse, I cannot reinstall apps from Google Play as it keeps saying I have them installed. Please help how I can fix this. Thanking you in advance.

Ok, I have done Q15 step 9, but unfortunately the ADB Sideload Complete - Failed. How do I fix it please?
Thanks