New MI Pad 4 LTE Mobile Data not working

Effedi81

Members
Oct 24, 2018
Hello,
I just received a MI Pad 4 LTE from China. I have the problem that when I insert my sim card (UK provider) this seems to be active only when the device is connected to the WLAN (it iappears full signal and with the mark 4G), Once is not connected to the Wlan anymoe, there is no access to mobile data.
The APN settings are correct.
I have tried to manually connect to a network, but the response is negative, and the sim is not registered with any network, not even O2 which is the one to which is supposed to connect.
I have sense that the device is locked? It came with a Chinese sim card inserted that does not work at all (no signal) in the UK.
Is there anything I can do get this working?
Thanks for your advice!

Hi Effedi81,

I would ask if you've solved your problem. Because I've the same network-problem with my sim-card.

Where did you buy your device? I bought my MIPad 4 from b anggood.

Hi Effedi81,

I would ask if you've solved your problem. Because I've the same network-problem with my sim-card.

Where did you buy your device? I bought my MIPad 4 from b anggood.[/

The only way to solve it for me was to buy a new sim card with another provider... I don't know why but it did the trick...

Nope still very patchy connection, the only things that made it better was changing provider, but that has not fully solved the issue. My sense is that the device is set on radio band that only partly cover the UK territory which bus why the signal is weak and unstable... Not sure this can be fixed, and how...

My problem was solved to look for a provider which is not using band 20 (800 mhz). Only t-mobile is not using that in my country. Works now perfect, even with wifi out.

Yes, Mobile Data is broken in last builds. I have the same issue on Mi Max 3. In last two builds it does not work. Downgraded to 19.1.17 and works fine. Unite operator in Moldova. They have just 3g and 4g, not sure about bands.