Mi Roaming

colibris79

Members
Apr 10, 2016
Hi,
I just installed the last stable version for my Mi5 ((xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V9.5.2.0.NAACNFA_v9-7.0.zip)
and I just found out that the app "Mi Roaming" it is not included (and it is in the Chinese Rom). I tried to install it manually but I haven't been able to (it either crashes or won't show in the desktop). Is there any way to install this app? It is very convenient while traveling to a different country.
Thanks!

I have the same question.

Up until now I've always used Chinese versions, the Roaming app being one of the primary reasons to stick with Xiaomi. Now that Xiaomi is more widely available in the EU I purchased a global version, only to find that all the good stuff is missing.

If the Roaming cannot be made to work on the global or EU ROM - would it be possible to flash a Chinese ROM?

Mi Roaming is a paid service provided by Xiaomi, it has nothing to do with the device's ability to roam.

Mi Roaming is a paid service provided by Xiaomi, it has nothing to do with the device's ability to roam.

Apologies for the confusion. I'm aware of that. It's the Mi Roaming service that I like to use. It's a great service for those that travel a lot and don't want to overpay to their regular provider or go through the hassle of obtaining a local SIM. (Which in some countries requires ID, etc.)

I tried installing it but I got the error "App not installed". I can install the chinese version of the App but it automatically disables itself. It would be great if there was a workaround for this issue as it is such a convenient feature.

Is there any other way to make use of the eSim that a lot of Xiaomi phones have?
Try flashing it as a system app then.

On the original global ROM you can prevent the app from "disappearing" by switching your region to Singapore (and maybe others). Unfortunately, that still doesn't mean it works. It will open, but it won't show any plans to choose from.

Now that I've finally unlocked my phone (360 hours..) and installed the xiaomi.eu weekly ROM I discover that this ROM has removed the Region setting. Or maybe moved it elsewhere?

Also tried the system app ZIP kindly offered by Igor, but TWRP throws an error 7 when trying to install it.

On the original global ROM you can prevent the app from "disappearing" by switching your region to Singapore (and maybe others). Unfortunately, that still doesn't mean it works. It will open, but it won't show any plans to choose from.

Now that I've finally unlocked my phone (360 hours..) and installed the xiaomi.eu weekly ROM I discover that this ROM has removed the Region setting. Or maybe moved it elsewhere?

Also tried the system app ZIP kindly offered by Igor, but TWRP throws an error 7 when trying to install it.
Switching region on EU ROMs isn't gonna prevent the app from "disappearing" because the app doesn't exist there to begin with.
Mount system before flashing.

Switching region on EU ROMs isn't gonna prevent the app from "disappearing" because the app doesn't exist there to begin with.

Thanks. That helped to install the ZIP. Unfortunately it still doesn't show up anywhere.

Think I'm giving up on this one for now. Appreciate the help.

Hi, could you consider add mi roaming back, i live in france, my mobile data inclued eu but didnt inclued swiss or andorra, so the mi roaming will be very helpful. And i think that miui eu delete something important for mi roaming, because after i installed mi roaming,mimobilenoti, vsimcore and i also change the region to CN in build.prop, flashing as system app, when i run mi roaming, it just blank, no data packages can buy. But i did the same things in miui global,it just works fine. So i dont know why it can use in miui global and cn but cant use in miui eu.