Mi Router 3, connected external HDD and can't browse from PC

Tom Asz

Members
Jul 20, 2019
Hey everyone :)

I am having an issue with the Mi Router 3. Overall it is working fine, I have installed the latest official firmware, my Mi Wifi android app is working well. The problem has begun when I connected an external HDD drive. The Mi Wifi app can see the content of it but after installing the PC application it fails to pair with the router. I am using a Europe version of the router. Please see the screenshots below that I took while trying to connect.

First I logged into my xiaomi account, that worked well

Then the app checked my network and found the router

After clicking the button I have provided the admin password for the router

I clicked the button and after a moment I got this message

If someone has any idea how to fix this it would be awesome. This is a very frustrating situation for me :/

BTW, I have already adjusted network settings, I switched off antivirus and firewall, I tried typing in incorrect passwords (and got different error messages) so I am sure I am not making any mistakes here.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Try adding a network disk in File Explorer on the PC (Win10?).

Don't have access to my Win10 tablet this weekend, but as I recall it was very easy to do.

You might have to give the PC Samba access from within the Mi Wifi app on your phone.

I don't use the PC application, never have, not sure it even works.

Try adding a network disk in File Explorer on the PC (Win10?).

Don't have access to my Win10 tablet this weekend, but as I recall it was very easy to do.

You might have to give the PC Samba access from within the Mi Wifi app on your phone.

I don't use the PC application, never have, not sure it even works.
Thanks for the suggestion. The app still doesn't work, and I couldn't find any network location available, but I did use cmd to check netstat. It gave me the IP of my router and I mapped that. On top of that in the Mi WiFi app on my phone I had to switch on sharing on all the folders and now I've got it :)

Reactions: cobben
You can use your app to browse your hdd. Also you can see it from your network in windows, if you use a pc. Try downloading the latest stable version, Mi WiFi 5.0.1 en.

Reactions: Tom Asz