Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 connection problem

stamatovski

Members
Apr 29, 2022
I just added my new monitor to the Xiaomi Home app, but on the app home screen the bluetooth icon displays that there is no connection, it says "No home environment info" and there is no data below the device name and when I click on it there is no data and it says "To be connected". Only when I click "More operations", only then I get the temperature and humidity values. On the YouTube videos I watch about this monitor, people have all this data I do not get. Any help? Am I doing something wrong? Thanx. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4506.jpg
    IMG_4506.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,071
Reactions: Jayce53
Same issue heres. Devices most of the time showing "not connected" and i can't see any temperature in the app. The device itself is OK and shows the correct temperature.
Also affects Home Assistant.

Any tips?

The device works and the app works. I just can't get it working in Home Assistant. The sensors show up but no data is visible ?

Hi guys! I think i solved the issue.
1) check if the bluetooth symbol in the BLE screen is ON. Probably it's off
2) change the battery. In my case was very low, and i think it can affect the bluetooth signal.
3) Reconnect to the hub.

Done

The bluetooth symbol is always "off" in the app. But when I click on one of the two devices it will give me temp and humidity in the app. They are the same on the two devices so that is correct. It is just that is not working in home assistant. Probably we have to wait for an update in HA --> https://github.com/custom-components/ble_monitor

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-26-13-33-03-858_com.xiaomi.smarthome (1).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-26-13-33-03-858_com.xiaomi.smarthome (1).jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 1,142
  • Screenshot_2022-07-26-13-36-19-420_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-26-13-36-19-420_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 1,178
The bluetooth symbol is always "off" in the app. But when I click on one of the two devices it will give me temp and humidity in the app. They are the same on the two devices so that is correct. It is just that is not working in home assistant. Probably we have to wait for an update in HA --> https://github.com/custom-components/ble_monitor
Hello, in the meanwhile did you find a solution for this?
I have the same problem but only with 1 out of 4, this happened after i replaced the battery.
Took 4 times a reset and multiple times removing the battery before i could even add the temp sensor again to the Xiaomi home app.
Now this temp sensor is showing the "no Bluetooth" sign just like your image shows.

Stupid thing is that this was not the case before the battery was empty/replaced. Worked flawless.
It worked without a gateway and with a gateway (Xiaomi gateway 3) that i added 6 months later.
I had this also with another temp sensor but this one started working (first also without "no Bluetooth" sign) after i lay it close next to the gateway for a full night.
Next day it was working fine..

For the people that do not know how to reset the temp sensor, open the back of the sensor (can be done with your finger nail).
Connect the two copper/metal points right above the battery with a paperclip or something (or metal/copper wire etc).
Hold this for ~8 seconds, the device will reset. (leave the battery in)

I just added my new monitor to the Xiaomi Home app, but on the app home screen the bluetooth icon displays that there is no connection, it says "No home environment info" and there is no data below the device name and when I click on it there is no data and it says "To be connected". Only when I click "More operations", only then I get the temperature and humidity values. On the YouTube videos I watch about this monitor, people have all this data I do not get. Any help? Am I doing something wrong? Thanx. :)
Hi! I have managed to resolve the problem. First I updated the sensor Firmware. Then I updated my Mi Home app. Then I deleted my sensors from the app. And added them again. Now everything's working same as it used to work before

Hi! I have managed to resolve the problem. First I updated the sensor Firmware. Then I updated my Mi Home app. Then I deleted my sensors from the app. And added them again. Now everything's working same as it used to work before
We are claiming here that we cannot connect.
The message "not connected" appears.
How can you write "First I updated the sensor Firmware"? Without being connected??

Reactions: nikto
We are claiming here that we cannot connect.
The message "not connected" appears.
How can you write "First I updated the sensor Firmware"? Without being connected??
This is also my problem. Five sensors and after changing batteries (I only use them in winter) only one connects to the App.
The others always show Monitor not connected so no chance to upgrade firmware

So this fixed it.
I disconnected the home hub (probably didnt have to)
I uninstalled the mi home app, and installed it again. As soon as the temp hum mon was detected (it was automatic) i updated the firmware.
It works now as usual again.
Added all the other stuff again.