Xiaomi Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 sudden disconnection

egyjooerik

Members
Apr 14, 2023
Hello,

I bought the Xiaomi Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 about a month ago. Until a few days ago, it was working perfectly, then it suddenly stopped sending data or being connected to the Mi Home app. I have done absolutely nothing that could cause this change in behavior. What's weird is I was actually wondering how it was sending data to the app as I never use Bluetooth on my phone at home, nevertheless I could always see the up-to-date temp and humidity data in the app that the device was showing. No idea how it worked but it did.

However, now it won't even connect via Bluetooth unless I actually enter the device in the app and even then it takes some time. As soon as I exit the device screen, but still stay within the app so I can see the other devices, such as my 360 2K Pro camera, the connection drops, data is gone, and I can even see a crossed-off Bluetooth icon next to the thermometer tile which I could swear wasn't there before.

Anyone know what could be the reason for this change? How was it sending data to the app without a Bluetooth connection before and why isn't it doing it anymore?

Since then I found out that it was probably my camera which acted as a BT gateway so that's how I was able to see data coming from the temp monitor. However, they are NOT pairing anymore and I have no idea how to re-pair them. I virtually found no information on the Internet on how it can be done. I was able to locate the BT gateway setting section in the Mi Home app, but all it does it show me that my camera is capable of doing it. The temp monitor, however, is neither connected nor can I see the option to add a device to the camera through bluetooth.

Does anyone know how to do this?