Mi Unlock Tool Timer Increased

CaitsBR

Members
May 9, 2020
Hey everyone,

I recently got a new phone and started the bootloader unlock process using the official tool and my existing Xiaomi account.
At first I got the "standard" 168 hours waiting time, but out of nowhere the time increased to one more week.
I haven't logged out of the account but someone in here already suggested that you can't update (not even officially) the phone software or the timer will change but I have no source to back this up.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know if I can factory reset the phone, delete my existing Mi account, create a new one using the same phone number (or maybe even use the existing account), and then apply to unlock again in the hopes that it will give me the 168 Hours waiting time again or will I risk increasing it even more?

Last edited:
UPDATE #1:

I logged out of my main account in the new phone, created a new secondary account, using a different email but no phone number and set U.S. as region. I then factory reset the new phone and linked it with the new account.
After that I logged in the tool with the secondary account and when it required a phone number to send the SMS confirmation I used the same number as the main account, and it transferred the number from accounts. I got the SMS and it went as expected. I was given 168 hours again.
When I unlock and flash MIUI EU I'll be posting an update trying to revert the phone number and linking the phone back to the main account, so I can have everything in the main account and delete the other.

UPDATE #1:

I logged out of my main account in the new phone, created a new secondary account, using a different email but no phone number and set U.S. as region. I then factory reset the new phone and linked it with the new account.
After that I logged in the tool with the secondary account and when it required a phone number to send the SMS confirmation I used the same number as the main account, and it transferred the number from accounts. I got the SMS and it went as expected. I was given 168 hours again.
When I unlock and flash MIUI EU I'll be posting an update trying to revert the phone number and linking the phone back to the main account, so I can have everything in the main account and delete the other.
I´m looking forward to hear more about this. What happened after?

I´m looking forward to hear more about this. What happened after?
After the 168 hours wait I unlocked the bootloader, flashed MIUI.eu and logged in with my main Xiaomi Account. After that I deleted the secondary account and linked the phone number back to my main account. No problems at all.

After the 168 hours wait I unlocked the bootloader, flashed MIUI.eu and logged in with my main Xiaomi Account. After that I deleted the secondary account and linked the phone number back to my main account. No problems at all.
I'm happy you got to unlock it. I had lots of trouble because I didn't receive the SMS code until I once tried from my phone and filled in the blue captcha that has the letters and numbers all in Capital letters and I finally received the SMS with the code. After a lot of trying. I had lost hope but at that time I did it for the sake of doing it, as a routine but this time filled with capitals and Wala! I leave this comment and if you who read this message are going through the same situation, don't give up and keep trying, you'll get it eventually. I had almost given up but finally I could and you'll get it too.

UPDATE #1:

When you say that it asked for a phone number to send the SMS, was it through the MI unlock tool that required the phone number? Didn't you have to bind it again in Mi unlock in dev options or did you just go right into the MI unlock tool and followed the unlocking process?

When you say that it asked for a phone number to send the SMS, was it through the MI unlock tool that required the phone number? Didn't you have to bind it again in Mi unlock in dev options or did you just go right into the MI unlock tool and followed the unlocking process?
I logged in with my second account in the phone, then followed the process in the MI Unlock tool, in which it asked to confirm the phone number and then sent an SMS to the phone.

I logged in with my second account in the phone, then followed the process in the MI Unlock tool, in which it asked to confirm the phone number and then sent an SMS to the phone.
Didn't you have to bind your phone number again to Mi Unlock Status in dev options?

Didn't you have to bind your phone number again to Mi Unlock Status in dev options?
I'm not sure but probably. The unlock tool warned me that the phone was already been used in my primary account but it gladly changed to the secondary account after the SMS confirmation.