Can I remove sim card during 168 hour wait

jackalr

Members
Jan 3, 2024
I recently bought a redmi phone and started the 168 hour wait to unlock the bootloader and I was wondering if I could take out my sim card and use it in my old phone while I'm waiting. Also I tried the mi unlock tool to see if the timer was working but it just stopped working halfway through and didn't shown me an error message so I don't know if the 168 hour timer is actually on could someone tell me it this is normal.

Reactions: laxer
I recently bought a redmi phone and started the 168 hour wait to unlock the bootloader and I was wondering if I could take out my sim card and use it in my old phone while I'm waiting. Also I tried the mi unlock tool to see if the timer was working but it just stopped working halfway through and didn't shown me an error message so I don't know if the 168 hour timer is actually on could someone tell me it this isyes

yes you can take out the sim, it takes 1 week to unlock the bootloader. be sure not to add another miui account in your existing account or bind another miui account in the developer.

Reactions: jackalr
yes you can take out the sim, it takes 1 week to unlock the bootloader. be sure not to add another miui account in your existing account or bind another miui account in the developer.
Thanks for your response. Do I still need that sim card or should I add it after waiting a week for the mi unlock tool? And do you happen to know a way to delay or completely block the hyperos update?

Sent from my 23013RK75C using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. Do I still need that sim card or should I add it after waiting a week for the mi unlock tool? And do you happen to know a way to delay or completely block the hyperos update?

You can unlock it after 1 week without a sim but dont add again your account or sim. Just leave it alone. Xiaomi unlock tools will do the reset.

Reactions: jackalr
Okay one last question is it okay if before the 168 hours I try the mi unlock tool on PC. Bc I tried it and it didn't work but I also didn't get an error log telling me how much more time I needed to wait