Mi Unlock

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Hello, Mi MIx 2s is locked. Want to unlock it. Is associated with Mi account. Sim-card is in and activated. But in fastboot mode, connected to pc, Mi Unlock tool does not recognize Mix 2s. What am i missing here?

Thanks
Alex

Hello, Mi MIx 2s is locked. Want to unlock it. Is associated with Mi account. Sim-card is in and activated. But in fastboot mode, connected to pc, Mi Unlock tool does not recognize Mix 2s. What am i missing here?

Thanks
Alex

Are you sure you have also activated OEM unlock in developer settings?

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Another USB port tried? Restart the computer?

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2S mit Tapatalk
Well, i made the same mistake as i made before. The Mi Unlock tool does not work from folder Downloads, so i put the Mi Unlock tool in the folder where the rom for the Mix2s is and it worked. Mi Mix s2 is unlocked now. But which command should i write to flash the TWRP from this forum? I downloaded the TWRP_Polaris, but "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" gives error. No such file. Also "polaris_twrp.img" is not good.
Do you know how to flash this TWRP? There's no TWRP on the official TWRP site yet for the Mix 2s.

Thanks

The command "fastboot flash recovery NAME_OF_THE_RECOVERY.img" is correct. Obviously you have to give the command from the directory where the recovery .IMG is stored and change the name if needed. I would suggest to rename the recovery in "recovery.img" and just give the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Reactions: Alexiaomi
The command "fastboot flash recovery NAME_OF_THE_RECOVERY.img" is correct. Obviously you have to give the command from the directory where the recovery .IMG is stored and change the name if needed. I would suggest to rename the recovery in "recovery.img" and just give the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Thank you! I will try that. The img file is in the right folder, so hopefully after rename it will flash. I will let you know. Thanks, Alex

Thank you! I will try that. The img file is in the right folder, so hopefully after rename it will flash. I will let you know. Thanks, Alex
The .IMG file should be in the same directory of the file fastboot.exe (if you are using Windows).

The .IMG file should be in the same directory of the file fastboot.exe (if you are using Windows).
I always flash twrp like this and w
Well, i always do the same, but with the twrp from twrp.me i never have a problem. So, i think renaming should do it. But thanks.

I always flash twrp like this and w

Well, i always do the same, but with the twrp from twrp.me i never have a problem. So, i think renaming should do it. But thanks.
Unfortunately i did not succeed.
I downloaded TWRP_polaris.zip and put it in my created folder Mix2s. I always do this method. But somehow i cannot install TWRP from the website Xiaomi European.
1. do i have to extract the zip file?
2. how do i give the command? fastboot flash recovery twrp_polaris.img?
3. how do i rename to recovery.img? It seems i cannot rename the file?

Addition: flashed twrp.img, but Mix2s will not boot into TWRP. Still stock recovery. What to do?

It seems the flashing goes well, but TWRP is not on the Mix2s. How come?

Last edited:
obviously you are doing it wrong. The command and The File (androidfilehost, There is no official one) are correct. You Just have to use The command with The correct File Name in The correct Filder.

If you want to Go directly to twrp Just use The command for booting it Up after flashing

fastboot flash recovery YOURNAME.img
fastboot boot YOURNAME.img

Exactly as described.

Just Download it, Copy The File (The IMG!) In The correct folder and start

obviously you are doing it wrong. The command and The File (androidfilehost, There is no official one) are correct. You Just have to use The command with The correct File Name in The correct Filder.

If you want to Go directly to twrp Just use The command for booting it Up after flashing

Exactly as described.

Well, i do it exactly as described.
After "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" the flashing is there successfully. But after "fastboot boot twrp.img" the device boots in normal mode and not in recovery. And when i put the phone in recovery mode in update screen (via the 3 dots) the phone shows stock recovery.

So it looks like twrp has been flashed, but it is not. Polaris is the right twrp for Mix2s right?

p.s. i think i am doing the right command with the correct file in the correct folder, otherwise it would not flash the twrp.img right?

Exactly as described.

Obviously i did nothing wrong.

I just flashed fastboot rom 8.7.12 and then i could flash twrp just the way i always do and succeeded.

So, we learned today !!!!

Since everybody did it as described and it is working for them (and me) Something was wrong

Next issue; TWRP from this forum is very laggy (and orange?) and very hard to install on my Mix2s. So i installed twrp from XDA and this one looks good. But the miui eu beta rom is not being installed at all. When twrp works and finishes the flashing there's no error, but after (cache and dalvik wipe) reboot my Mix2s does not reboot at all, no rom installed.

So, where's the problem you think? Do you know?

The twrp Here is quite Buggy, laggy and orange. There are all few Problems but The best twrp is indeed The laggy one from Here. There are a few Others Versions Linked in XDA but in The Threads a Lot of Problems are discussed. I would Not use Them. Use The laggy one from Here, yes it is laggy but works in The other aspects

Last edited:
The twrp Here is quite Buggy, laggy and orange. There are all few Problems but The best twrp is indeed The laggy one from Here. There are a few Others Versions Linked in XDA but in The Threads a Lot of Problems are discussed. I would Not use Them. Use The laggy one from Here, yes it is laggy but works in The other aspects
Good morning, i tried to install the twrp from this website, but can not get it done. It seems the twrp will not get on the phone. The other twrp is easy to install, but does not work somehow.

So, why won't this orange twrp not be installed? Something wrong with my phone? Should i wait for the official twrp?

Very strange.

First of all i am confused. You said you managed to install it a few posts back after installing the rom first (no idea how you should be able to do this withouth twrp though....) but now you aren´t able to install it again?

I think it would be best first if you just tell us which rom, which mobile (detailed model), which modifications etc you have.

This is quite irritating

Sorry, i don't want to irritate anybody.
As i said i have a Mi Mix 2s and unlocked it. After that i flashed rom 8.7.12 with Mi Flash (i think that was not necessary) to get miui10. Phone was on miui 9.6. Then i wanted to flash twrp. First i managed to flash the twrp from miui eu site (here), but that twrp did not work at all. Then i flashed twrp from xda. That twrp doesn't work either. So my question is: is there some problem with my phone or is it better to wait for the official twrp?

Again, sorry for the confusion.

No problem, it is just easier to help this way.

Do you know which model you have? M1803D5XA or XE? How much RAM, Storage etc. Should not make a difference, but something is the culprit at the moment.

You enabled development options, activated OEM unlock and usb debugging, correct?

At work and Mi Mix 2s is at home. Will inform you this evening if you don't mind. OEM unlock is not active (anymore i think) because the device is unlocked already. USB debugging is enabled. Tried different usb cables also.
Device is 6/64 gb model.

Hello again,

Modelname is M1803D5XA
6/64 gb
Rom is MIUI 10 Global 8.7.19 Beta
Developersoptions is enabled
USB debugging is on
Bootloader is unlocked
OEM unlock not active

Will try flash twrp again...

No, after flashing and "fastboot boot twrp.img" phone boots not in twrp, but boots normal.

The problem is rom version Rom is MIUI 10 Global 8.7.19 Beta.
The only TWRP working with that version is unofficial TWRP v7.
You can find it on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s/development/recovery-twrp-mix-2s-t3790922
Thanks, i already have this v7 and flashed it, but it won"t install the miui eu beta rom. Just nothing happens. Maybe some setting in twrp?
Even after format, nothing.

Flashed the xda twrp v7 again and installed eu rom with it. Rebooting..........let's see if is succesful this time. Did this many times, but phone was booting for hours. No good. I know it can take half an hour, so i will have to wait. Dinertime ;-)

And 8.7.12?

No, again nothing..........

Last edited: