Mi10 recovery bootloop

alfaholic

Members
Jul 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

I had the latest MIUI 13 installed and TWRP for Mi10, yesterday I created the backup of my data and reinstalled the system, flashed the latest stable with TWRP and restored back DATA.

After that the phone did not boot the system but returned to TWRP, but this time without asking to decrypt and my password/pattern.

I tried to flash the system again from the OTG, but it again boots only in recovery. Not possible to mount the DATA in TWRP as well.
I also tried to flash stock firmware with stock recovery, the same happens, system won't boot and it goes straight into stock recovery.

Then I tried to boot the TWRP without installing, it boots normally into TWRP, again without offering to decrypt data and pattern as before.

Any solution?

Hello everyone,

I had the latest MIUI 13 installed and TWRP for Mi10, yesterday I created the backup of my data and reinstalled the system, flashed the latest stable with TWRP and restored back DATA.

After that the phone did not boot the system but returned to TWRP, but this time without asking to decrypt and my password/pattern.

I tried to flash the system again from the OTG, but it again boots only in recovery. Not possible to mount the DATA in TWRP as well.
I also tried to flash stock firmware with stock recovery, the same happens, system won't boot and it goes straight into stock recovery.

Then I tried to boot the TWRP without installing, it boots normally into TWRP, again without offering to decrypt data and pattern as before.

Any solution?
look here and if you have a challenge.., tell us the details…

look here and if you have a challenge.., tell us the details…
Thanks, I read this multiple times, however my case is not described here.

I am able to boot or flash the TWRP, however it does not mount data, also does not offer the pattern when starts.
I tried multiple TWRP versions, all work, however the problem persist no matter I boot or flash the TWRP.

It does not boot the system, just reboots always into recovery, stock one or TWRP, the same.

Thanks, I read this multiple times, however my case is not described here.

I am able to boot or flash the TWRP, however it does not mount data, also does not offer the pattern when starts.
I tried multiple TWRP versions, all work, however the problem persist no matter I boot or flash the TWRP.

It does not boot the system, just reboots always into recovery, stock one or TWRP, the same.
can you start your device in safemode ? another solution could be to format data

Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode

can you start your device in safemode ? another solution could be to format data

Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Thanks, tried this as well, no help.

I fixed it by restoring the factory image and erasing all data.
Strange, after that I tried to flash the latest stable release and the same happened.
Did it from the USB OTG, not sure if that was the problem, but now I am on stock firmware.

Reactions: katerpanne
I ran into the same problem when the latest xiaomi.eu ROM was changed from fastboot to TWRP method:
The update via TWRP seemed successfully, but after restart the phone got stuck in the TWRP bootloop (no possibility to decrypt data anymore).
The solution that finally worked: I extracted and flashed the boot.img file from the previous fastboot ROM via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and the phone started again!

Thanks. The common thing is that the TWRP can not decrypt data anymore. I tried to make the backup of my phone to try the XEU rom, but I was unable to restore the backup. Actually I restored the backup, but the phone again entered this TWRP bootloop.
Basically there is no way to restore successfully a TWRP backup.

I ran into the same problem when the latest xiaomi.eu ROM was changed from fastboot to TWRP method:
The update via TWRP seemed successfully, but after restart the phone got stuck in the TWRP bootloop (no possibility to decrypt data anymore).
The solution that finally worked: I extracted and flashed the boot.img file from the previous fastboot ROM via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and the phone started again!
You're a life saver ... created an account just to say that. Thank you.