MI10 Ultra V12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM stable

batareikin

Members
Nov 9, 2020
Yesterday downloaded this rom through Updater, hit 'Check and Install' that booted into TWRP that automatically picked up installation process, so I somehow did not check what version of Android it was. :) Installation went smoothly, then I am booted into new ROM.

Eventually I got half working system. Applications are crashing left and right, there is an Android warning "You've used 241Mb of data".
Google play store is unable to update apps with "Insufficient storage" warning.

Well, I booted into TWRP and cleared Dalvik and Cache. did not help. So I checked the version of Android :) it is 11th, and I was updating from 10th.
Since my apps and everything is still in place, it means TWRP did not format everything like it should have probably been done.

Is there a way to fix that half working setup? Or I just have to redo everything with full wipe/format?

Yesterday downloaded this rom through Updater, hit 'Check and Install' that booted into TWRP that automatically picked up installation process, so I somehow did not check what version of Android it was. :) Installation went smoothly, then I am booted into new ROM.

Eventually I got half working system. Applications are crashing left and right, there is an Android warning "You've used 241Mb of data".
Google play store is unable to update apps with "Insufficient storage" warning.

Well, I booted into TWRP and cleared Dalvik and Cache. did not help. So I checked the version of Android :) it is 11th, and I was updating from 10th.
Since my apps and everything is still in place, it means TWRP did not format everything like it should have probably been done.

Is there a way to fix that half working setup? Or I just have to redo everything with full wipe/format?
try to install the ROM via TWRP then reboot recovery and do full wipe including internal storage. the rom will start and works but still got many issues

Reactions: Mark F
Yes, always a full format on any ROM branch change due to possible partition differences is the rule. Or if in any update doubt or issues. Dalvik and cache wipes only on same ROM branch updates from thereon in.

Eventually it was solved by disabling of "dual apps" feature as suggested by @Poney70 (hey, I have just sent you something! :)
I am glad there is no need to reformat everything :) Really smooth transition from A10 to A11!!!

Yeah, what I would like to mention, SafetyNet Status is Passed in this ROM.

• Love
Reactions: Poney70
Does anyone know why the dual app issue doesn't affect everyone? I have some apps dualed with no I'll effects but they are not the main, FB, WhatsApp type, mine are much more minor ones but still important enough as one is my Lloyds Banking app. I have had no issues since testing and continuing with it with A11. Although I never moved from A10 to A11 with them like batareikin did in the above post, I only my started recently after that transition.
Any reasoning or information appreciated.

Might wanna get our reuploaded Stable build, where we managed to backport Xiaomi's fix for Dual apps from Weekly to Stable.
Ok I installed the reuploaded Stable build and I can confirm that no more crashes occur and dual apps works without any problems, thanks a ton!

If reflashed on same rom, loosing data Settings?
I did trough ota update and didn't loose anything, though for safety you can backup your settings trough settings -> My device -> Back up and restore and if your settings are lost you can easily restore them from the same settings location)

Reactions: Ryskle
can anyone using this build can confirm if 120hz is dynamic or fixed FPS
because all beta A11 using Fixed 120FPS and this eat the battery faster than last stable A10 V12.0.15

can anyone using this build can confirm if 120hz is dynamic or fixed FPS
because all beta A11 using Fixed 120FPS and this eat the battery faster than last stable A10 V12.0.15
It is fixed. Mi 10 Ultra does not support dynamic refresh rate unfortunately.

Reactions: MaZaGnGy
It is fixed. Mi 10 Ultra does not support dynamic refresh rate unfortunately.
it is dynamic on A10 i can confirm that if you use power monitor from developers options you will see the FPS rise from 0 to 120 up to what are you doing.
but every A11 beta i used it is fixed and i dont know why they make it fixed
it really bad and i didnt fined anywhere a way to modify the refresh rate using adb or root unfortunately.
if they keep it that way i will stuck with A10 for good

I did trough ota update and didn't loose anything, though for safety you can backup your settings trough settings -> My device -> Back up and restore and if your settings are lost you can easily restore them from the same settings location)
Thanks
I guess all magisk mods will be lost ?

it is dynamic on A10 i can confirm that if you use power monitor from developers options you will see the FPS rise from 0 to 120 up to what are you doing.
it really bad and i didnt fined anywhere a way to modify the refresh rate using adb or root unfortunately.
Did you get actual variable refresh rate or 60/120? Because the mi 10 Ultra officially doesn't support variable refresh rate, yes maybe the GPU renders for example 30 fps for an app but the output will always be 60/120
It's probably the renders but maybe I'm wrong

Also remember that fps means the frame per second that the GPU renders and the refresh rate of the screen is measured in hertz (hz) so you might miss understood

Also remember that fps means the frame per second that the GPU renders and the refresh rate of the screen is measured in hertz (hz) so you might miss understood
You are right i meant the FPS not the refresh rate .
In A10 with 120hz the fps dynamic from 0 to 120 fps
But A11 the fps fixed 120fps .

You are right i meant the FPS not the refresh rate .
In A10 with 120hz the fps dynamic from 0 to 120 fps
But A11 the fps fixed 120fps .
Ok I see now I understand exactly what you meant, yeah my phone too has the 120fps fixed, I hope they'll fix this in the next build

Reactions: MaZaGnGy
Might wanna get our reuploaded Stable build, where we managed to backport Xiaomi's fix for Dual apps from Weekly to Stable.
Hi Igor, i just joined the forum, thank you for all your work here.
I have a Mi 10 (not ultra) and i'm having the same issue with Dual apps. Did you manage to solve it to for Mi 10 also? thanks!

Hi Igor, i just joined the forum, thank you for all your work here.
I have a Mi 10 (not ultra) and i'm having the same issue with Dual apps. Did you manage to solve it to for Mi 10 also? thanks!
sure.. download rom again or check your updater app..