[MI10ULTRA]Full screen gestures doesn't work on the new Android 11 update

Israelizik

Members
Feb 12, 2021
I updated to the newest Android 11 update trough ota (stable branch) [V12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM] for the MI 10 Ultra and unfortunately it brought a lot of new bugs and it has broken few features, one of them is the full screen gestures when using another launcher that is not the system one, I use poco launcher 2.7.4.8.

I updated to the newest Android 11 update trough ota (stable branch) [V12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM] for the MI 10 Ultra and unfortunately it brought a lot of new bugs and it has broken few features, one of them is the full screen gestures when using another launcher that is not the system one, I use poco launcher 2.7.4.8.

Its mentioned so many times…

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
Or try this without waranty:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher

Workarounds:
    • Infinity Gestures
Oh I see I didn't know about that Im pretty new in here, Thanks a lot you really helped me I really appreciate that!

I appreciate your suggestions, fluid navigation gestures works fine for me, but when I choose gestures to shut off buttons, it appears an annoying bottom bar.
Any idea how to delete it?
750f82c64de82865c479ad3503351eca.jpg

Reactions: sahafdeen
I appreciate your suggestions, fluid navigation gestures works fine for me, but when I choose gestures to shut off buttons, it appears an annoying bottom bar.
Any idea how to delete it?
750f82c64de82865c479ad3503351eca.jpg
Go to Settings -> Additional settings -> Full screen display -> turn on "Hide full screen indicator"

In addition, everytime I restart cell phone it goes itself to buttons, forgetting gestures previously selected

Where/how do I run this? I tried running it from my command prompt on my computer in the folder where my ADB stuff is installed and it just said *daemon started successfully* then did nothing (if I run it with the "." it says it's not a recognized command at all) I don't think this command works unfortunately.

This build is absolute garbage. Just going back to the previous stable and never updating again. Lesson learned for like the 50th time with android phones, if the build is working fine don't update it. It can only get worse (and always does). Full day of working on getting this phone back to normal then several days of intermittent messing with the apps to get them back to the way I like them, for absolutely no gain.

Just wanted to say, usually I'm more of a lurker than anything and have never really used the forums that much outside of reading posts and downloading the xiaomi.eu updates, but I wanted to create an account because I kept seeing that you would post in multiple threads that the ROM is garbage after the latest updates.

What's happening on your end? What are you doing with the ROM for there to be so many issues?

I tried both the stable ROM and the weekly (after having switched from stable to test it out) and I haven't encountered any problems with either of these ROMs, whether with older or more recent builds. I've rarely ever encountered any issues updating on other android phones either; what are you doing to be this jaded with a phone?

I'm genuinely interested at this point.

Reactions: Mark F
Just wanted to say, usually I'm more of a lurker than anything and have never really used the forums that much outside of reading posts and downloading the xiaomi.eu updates, but I wanted to create an account because I kept seeing that you would post in multiple threads that the ROM is garbage after the latest updates.

What's happening on your end? What are you doing with the ROM for there to be so many issues?

I tried both the stable ROM and the weekly (after having switched from stable to test it out) and I haven't encountered any problems with either of these ROMs, whether with older or more recent builds. I've rarely ever encountered any issues updating on other android phones either; what are you doing to be this jaded with a phone?

I'm genuinely interested at this point.
It's just some resident a-hole/troll that just seems to have the need to be toxic about everything and towards everyone. Just ignore him.
The ROMs are just fine and the devs are doing a really good job imo. From 5 months of experience I'd say weeklies are perfectly daily-driver worthy, not gonna lose my mind over an occasional minor issue (that gets fixed a few days later) like a spoiled brat.

Reactions: Mark F and Poney70
Oh I see I didn't know about that Im pretty new in here, Thanks a lot you really helped me I really appreciate that!

Thank you for the fluid navigation tip, it's really useful

Workarounds:
    • Infinity Gestures

Thank you for t

Workarounds:
    • Infinity Gestures

Thank you for the "Fluid Navigation Gestures" tip, it's really useful.

As for "Its mentioned so many times…" comment, I'd keep it to yourself since it was not a thing mentioned when pushing the update.
Acting like the update isn't broken while having problems like:
- resetting to on screen buttons on restart.
- not being able to remove items from the added toggles section.
- not being able to get to app info from the task switcher shade.
- previous settings being overridden (randomly might I add)
is more than a bit insincere.
Especially when you consider I received this update yesterday and I already noticed them, so I don't even understand how this passed QA.

They basically tried to brick the phone by making it inconvenient to use. Even if I try to revert to an older version (which is a huge inconvenience since you need to set up the phone again) I'm still going to get constant notifications about updating to the latest version.
The better approach would have been to perform at least some basic testing so that such glaring issues are fixed or skip the update altogether. And most importantly mention the breaking changes to basic functionality in the release notes. These issue is known for 6 months, adding a line of text couldn't have been that hard.

As for "Its mentioned so many times…" comment, I'd keep it to yourself since it was not a thing mentioned when pushing the update.
It is clearly mentioned in the know bugs list thread for more than 6 months, they won't repeat it every week...

- resetting to on screen buttons on restart.
- not being able to remove items from the added toggles section.
- not being able to get to app info from the task switcher shade.
- previous settings being overridden (randomly might I add)
You really consider those issues are enough to make a release broken ?

The first one is impossible to get without playing with dev tools to force gestures with third party launchers, I don't have the second one - in the weekly- , and I don't understand the third one.

For me we are at minor inconveniences level.

It is clearly mentioned in the know bugs list thread for more than 6 months, they won't repeat it every week...

You really consider those issues are enough to make a release broken ?

The first one is impossible to get without playing with dev tools to force gestures with third party launchers, I don't have the second one - in the weekly- , and I don't understand the third one.

For me we are at minor inconveniences level.

1st one could have been mitigated by notifying of the breaking change in the release nots.
2nd one is a bit of an issue for me, it'd play around more to try and fix it but I'm tot afraid of getting a control center with 50 bubbles.
3rd is pretty clear, I don't know how to explain it clearer. and considering it is something you get within 2 taps, it's obviously something they found to be relatively important.
4th one is more of an annoyance, I would have proffered to have all settings cleared since it makes it much easier to figure out what is misconfigured, but it's manageable.

But the first 3 are enough to mark the build as non functional, since if those are broken and can be found within a few hours of use, I'd hate to find out what I discover over a longer timeframe.