Mi11 Global Bricked (Recovered with EDL) Can i flash again?

Kalsy

Members
Mar 18, 2021
Good afternoon community

Here are the phone details:
- XIAOMI MI11 Global (M2011K2G)
- MIUI 12.0.3.0 Global Stable (latest available at the time as it didnt list the 12.0.4 update)

What i tried:
- Unlocked bootloader using XiaomitoolV2 (tried afterwards with mi unlock which says it's already unlocked and no further actions needed)
- flash Xiaomu.eu fastboot ROM 12.5 (21.3.11)

Result: fastboot logo loop

with the help of @deepblue2000 (Which i send big thanks to for the precious help) we found that *.bat execution exited with errors on last steps leaving me with a bricked phone and unable to recover... had to use EDL with a xiaomi authorized account to flash it back to life into a 12.0.4.0 Global stable

with @deepblue2000 we assumed that the tool used to unlock the phone caused the problem

To summarize now i have a 12.0.4.0 stock global stable rom with unlocked bootloader (so all the cons and no pros) and my questions to you all are:
- Did EDL flash "fix the unlock problems" and made me now able to safely flash any xiaomi.eu rom?
- If not, can i now relock the bootloader? (The guy who helped me with xiaomi authorized account told me i can't cause it would result in another brick).

Can you guys explain/help?

Very big thanks to all of you!

Last edited:
@deepblue2000 going to try some flash tonight!
let's hope the EDL left me a clean phone to do this!

Should i flash the 17 or go for the 18 already?

Any idea why the flashing the stable xiaomi.eu don't start after typing "y"?
I have an china mi 11 with the official global rom.
It was bricked on my first try, but the official xiaomi account nice guy helped me, but won't flash the xiaomi.eu rom.
I will ask him later today when i am back Home, if he changed Something on my windows 10 pc...
I will report later.

I just had a conversation with someone recommended to me here from the forum via telegramm.
He says if everything is working for me, i should wait for twrp.
He told me that he had to unbrick many many phones this week...
I post the screenshots of the conversation, i didnt understand everything quite well because my english ist echt mies:)

So, what should i do?...i want the xiaomi.eu stable rom so sehr...menno Edit: he says: if in fastboot rom no problem, put edl by command and flash.
How do i do that? It is zum Haare raufen

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_120400.jpg
    IMG_20210326_120400.jpg
    871.3 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_20210326_120312.jpg
    IMG_20210326_120312.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 979
So, i wont give up. Today i reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop because allthough i can go on fastboot on my phone, the first install flash bat script doesnt work and the fastboot device isnt recognized by my laptop, allthough i hear the connect sound. And later i will try to flash the xiaomi.eu stable rom again. Bootloader is open, i do everything like explained.
I

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_145415.jpg
    IMG_20210327_145415.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 498
what does your device manager show, if your Mi11 is connected in fastboot

there should be a entry with : android bootloader interface

Reactions: ozan1000
No such " android bootloader device" ...nothing. My guess the unbrick guy changed Something in the windows settings. Although it shows my mi 11 when i plug in my phone without fastboot as xiaomi 11.
But i did install windows 10 new and will check later today when i am back home.
Thanks mate, i hope i will soon post the successful instalation.

Edit: so i wanted to unzio the xiaomi.eu rom, but the archive is corrupted/beschädigt?...i downloaded it from the link here in the forum
Edit 2 good news phone is now shown as android device when in fastboot mode

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_200906.jpg
    IMG_20210327_200906.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Guys, hallelujaa, i did it. Never gave up and never going back from xiaomi.eu.
Thanks y'all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-27-21-01-55-452_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-27-21-01-55-452_com.android.settings.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 694
Reactions: hjirik and Mali2
It's really hard to brick devices when flashing. Of course it can happen. There are many factors which it might not flash well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2011K2C met Tapatalk

It's really hard to brick devices when flashing. Of course it can happen. There are many factors which it might not flash well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2011K2C met Tapatalk
Not that hard really. All it needs is something defect like the usb-cable or something thats interrupts the flashing. Especially with Xiaomi and Huawei devices - it's hard to fix if you're bricked. It's kind of a gamble without TWRP too.

Reactions: Mali2
To restore the phone, you will need a service account with developer rights, as well as switch the phone to EDL mode
If you need to restore your phone click here ok

Why the f**k are they bricking. I've been flashing ROMs for years and this has never happened until tonight, the problem I think although it was an eea ROM it's a Vodafone build of eea, same scenario, tried to switch ROMs and ran the bat file. Boom, bricked.
******* fantastic.

Why the f**k are they bricking. I've been flashing ROMs for years and this has never happened until tonight, the problem I think although it was an eea ROM it's a Vodafone build of eea, same scenario, tried to switch ROMs and ran the bat file. Boom, bricked.
******* fantastic.
DId the script run successfully or what happend?

******* fantastic.
I just flashed it today on EEA without any problems. It all went even faster than expected. The only thing is that somehow SafetyNet down't pass....

I just flashed it today on EEA without any problems. It all went even faster than expected. The only thing is that somehow SafetyNet down't pass....
install 12.5.3.0.. seems 12.5.4.0 is not certified by Google..

install 12.5.3.0.. seems 12.5.4.0 is not certified by Google..
I did and it is play store certified and safetynet passes now, but banking apps still don't work for me.

Edit: Nvm, after reinstalling the apps, it all works now

Last edited:
I think because it's maybe mines is Vodafone eea, dunno if that had something to do with it bricking, never done that before and been flashing Xiaomi phones for years.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any idea why the flashing the stable xiaomi.eu don't start after typing "y"?
I have an china mi 11 with the official global rom.
It was bricked on my first try, but the official xiaomi account nice guy helped me, but won't flash the xiaomi.eu rom.
I will ask him later today when i am back Home, if he changed Something on my windows 10 pc...
I will report later.
perhaps you didn't give it administror privaleges when you ran the bat file.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
this guy bring my mi 11 ultra back to life from complete died state