Mi11/Ultra/Pro TWRP 3.5.2_11

Oct 6, 2021
New version of TWRP unofficial for Mi11/Ultra/pro. Created by the Chinese guy 残芯. I decrypted the image file, so it can be boot with "fastboot boot xxx.img".

Optimized the flashing process.

Support over 4G Payload format ROM (official ROM)) and over 4G normal regular Rom (note: the ROM file name should not contain special characters)
Add the function of forcibly brushing in Payload format ROM (forcibly flash into A slot and setting A slot as active slot)

# Xiaomi 11Pro
How to trigger the function of force flashing the official ROM in Payload format.
Check the "Force install Payload format ROM" when you select the package

#Xiaomi 11Ultra
Please don't click to change the slot, please don't click to change the slot! The flashing process will automatically help you to complete this operation!
Currently, all (yes all) TWRPs do not support transferring files over 4G in MTP mode
Currently Android 11 source compiled twrp formatted data can not use the MTP function, you need to maintain the official FBE partition encryption state to use MTP normally
If you can't copy the file, please use adb push command to push the package to the phone manually, or copy it when you turn on the phone!

Other official TWRP features

New version for Mi11 Ultra and Pro, built on 2021.10.20
What's new:
Forced to flash Payload format official ROM function (support any version, including Android 12), optimize the slot display after flashing.
Support Android 11 auto-decrypt data (digital and gesture), do not support Android 12 decrypt data
Fix MTP problem.
re-enter twrp after formatting data can use MTP function normally.
MTP supports transferring large files over 4G
add one-key ROOT device in advanced options, the built-in magisk version is 23.0.

New Version for Mi11 Ultra and Pro on 2021.11.10
What's new:
Fixed the device name so that it can work with EU ROMs.

Mi11 Ultra and Pro
Download decrypted TWRP file for Mi11 Ultra and Pro

Mi11
Download decrypted TWRP file for Mi11

I created a batch file, so you can run it to boot into TWRP. You can also run fastboot manually.

If you have Magisk installed, please flash Magisk again.

Last edited:
New version of TWRP unofficial for Mi 11 Ultra(pro). Created by the Chinese guy 残芯. I decrypted the image file, so it can be boot with "fastboot boot xxx.img".

Optimized the flashing process.

Support over 4G Payload format ROM (official ROM)) and over 4G normal regular Rom (note: the ROM file name should not contain special characters)
Add the function of forcibly brushing in Payload format ROM (forcibly flash into A slot and setting A slot as active slot)

# Xiaomi 11Pro
How to trigger the function of force flashing the official ROM in Payload format.
Check the "Force install Payload format ROM" when you select the package

#Xiaomi 11Ultra
Please don't click to change the slot, please don't click to change the slot! The flashing process will automatically help you to complete these operation!
Currently all (yes all) TWRPs do not support transferring files over 4G in MTP mode
Currently Android 11 source compiled twrp formatted data can not use the MTP function, you need to maintain the official FBE partition encryption state to use MTP normally
If you can't copy the file, please use adb push command to push the package to the phone manually, or copy it when you turn on the phone!

Other official TWRP features

Download decrypted TWRP file

I created a batch file, so you can run it to boot into TWRP. You can also run fastboot manually.

If you have Magisk installed, please flash Magisk again.

Could you also purpose the TWRP for Venus please or maybe the Chinese guy has only update for Pro/Ultra ?

Thanks

after flashing this TWRP and formatting data I try to flash the EU ROM and get error said this ROM is for star device and your device is Venus

after flashing this TWRP and formatting data I try to flash the EU ROM and get error said this ROM is for star device and your device is Venus
Meaning this TWRP is made for Mi 11 instead of Mi 11 Ultra???

is it flashable through existing twrp or via fastboot?
Boot into fastboot mode, then run the batch file to boot into recovery, or you do it manually by "fastboot boot mi11_twrp_3.5.2_11.img".
Once you are in TWRP recovery, if you can't read Chinese, go to Settings (3rd of second column) -> Language, choose English
Go to Advanced and choose "Onekey inject TWRP" to install TWRP into your phone
If you have Magisk installed, please flash it again in TWRP

I don't think it is Android 12 ready ... so not necessary to flash it, if everything is working
for miui13/android12 a new twrp is required

Reactions: Firedance61
Mi11pro phone. Recovery prevented me from installing the latest stable xiaomieu 12.5.17 claiming the ROM is for Star / Mars and my phone is Missi :)

The previous recovery version installed the ROM without any problem.

Works for me. I extracted the image file and it booted just fine.
Booting works for everyone. It's the flashing that you may run into problems with.
Every rom file that actually verifies that it's being installed on the right device will fail, as the wrong device will be detected.

Booting works for everyone. It's the flashing that you may run into problems with.
Every rom file that actually verifies that it's being installed on the right device will fail, as the wrong device will be detected.
You can not flash any version of TWRP in the traditional sense as there is no recovery partition on with A/B partioning. That is why Flashing does not work.

Hey guys, i have a serous question. I am still on the first release 3.5.1 and have the decrypt /password problem, so i cant full wipe and flash clean flash roms. Can i install this to solve the problem? Is it overruling the old one without a full wipe is needed?

Hey guys, i have a serous question. I am still on the first release 3.5.1 and have the decrypt /password problem, so i cant full wipe and flash clean flash roms. Can i install this to solve the problem? Is it overruling the old one without a full wipe is needed?
You can try but it won't work, since you can not FLASH TWRP! You must boot into it using the command <fastboot boot TWRP.img>. The script from the Xiaomi.eu MIUI install will then install it permanently. These devices use A/B partioning and there is no recovery partition in the traditional sense, so you can't use <fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img> to flash TWRP. This is from XDA:

"On A/B devices supporting seamless updates, the recovery is now inside of the boot image along with the kernel. The recovery’s main function was to install updates, but since that’s handled by the system itself (update_engine) while Android is booted up the dedicated recovery partition is no longer needed.

To install a custom recovery on A/B devices, we thus need to modify the boot partition and replace the stock recovery with our own. This is why to install TWRP you need to use a fastboot command to boot a custom boot image first and then flash the TWRP installation script, as fastboot can’t patch partitions—only flash over them entirely. You could technically pre-patch your existing boot image with TWRP and then flash it via fastboot, but that’s more trouble than it’s worth. The TWRP installer script patches both the boot_a and boot_b partitions to install TWRP."

So there is an installer script out there that will patch it for you or better yet use the one that is in the Xiaomi.eu rom when you install the rom.

Reactions: katerpanne
You can try but it won't work, since you can not FLASH TWRP! You must boot into it using the command <fastboot boot TWRP.img>. The script from the Xiaomi.eu MIUI install will then install it permanently. These devices use A/B partioning and there is no recovery partition in the traditional sense, so you can't use <fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img> to flash TWRP. This is from XDA:

"On A/B devices supporting seamless updates, the recovery is now inside of the boot image along with the kernel. The recovery’s main function was to install updates, but since that’s handled by the system itself (update_engine) while Android is booted up the dedicated recovery partition is no longer needed.

To install a custom recovery on A/B devices, we thus need to modify the boot partition and replace the stock recovery with our own. This is why to install TWRP you need to use a fastboot command to boot a custom boot image first and then flash the TWRP installation script, as fastboot can’t patch partitions—only flash over them entirely. You could technically pre-patch your existing boot image with TWRP and then flash it via fastboot, but that’s more trouble than it’s worth. The TWRP installer script patches both the boot_a and boot_b partitions to install TWRP."

So there is an installer script out there that will patch it for you or better yet use the one that is in the Xiaomi.eu rom when you install the rom.
Can you help me out with easy step by step installing instructions ?