Mi2 Buying tips

Vivek Athreya

Members
Nov 27, 2012
Hello there,

Can someone walk me through the buying process?

I have registered on their website. I understand that due to huge traffic, their website would be slow.

What are the questions they would ask?

Please help

what web site are you talking about ? and in which country you want it to be delivered?

xiaomi.com and i live in shanghai.. I do not know chinese. So by the time i convert it to english, the device would hav been sold out :(. so asking you guys for help.

Thanks

Its best to keep a chinese friend with you but anyway
1- At 11:50 open xiaomi.com and log in! (very important)
2- you will see count down at main page!
3- refresh when 30 second left and wait for count down to go to zero.
4- after that buy link will appear. clink on that!
5- if you are lucky then it will take you to next page on which you have th choose phone you want (Pictures so its OK)
6- Enter the random code appear on the picture and click the the big button to finish at bottom.
7- and if you are really lucky it will take you to next success screen.
8- if you failed at any step you have to restart from step 4.
9- after success they will give you some time ( one day or may be one hour at minimum) to pay for it.
You need to pay online so do you have any chinese bank online account? and do you know how to pay online on chinese websites?
good luck

I have a chinese friend but he wud not be in town. :(

Thanks for the information. I would follow as u said.

If theres anything else I need to know, pls do tell me.

Thanks

Thanks a ton. I was successfully able to buy the phone. Followed the steps given by you.

Do you guys know when they would ship? I haven't got any mail from them, regarding the sale? How do they confirm the order?

I checked the link. I can see the order details. I can see the order number. But i also see "Pending a library" (I don't seem to understand) .

I also see this. I don't understand this too.
  1. Out of the library The transaction is

here is the screenshot

order.GIF

thank you

They haven't sent out yet! it take usually 2-3 days after they sent out (
出库 = left Warehouse
) and 7-10 days in total. as you are in Shanghai you will get even sooner than others because they have a Warehouse in Shanghai.

Thanks a million Hadron. I got the phone :)

Can you suggest me a good headphone for MI2? I am thinking of buying a 3100mAh battery. Is it worth it? Does the device become bulky after installing a bigger battery? Also using the external battery charger can I charge the 3100mAh battery?

Thanks again
Vivek

Reactions: hadron
Thanks a million Hadron. I got the phone :)

Can you suggest me a good headphone for MI2? I am thinking of buying a 3100mAh battery. Is it worth it? Does the device become bulky after installing a bigger battery? Also using the external battery charger can I charge the 3100mAh battery?
Thanks again
Vivek

Sorry about head phones, I dont listen so much music on phone so for me an average Head phone which is light, is OK. So i cant give you any suggestion. About the battery, it depends how badly you need it! my advise, use the phone for few days and then judge from your usage. Personally even i dont need extra battry but even if i need it i will buy a 5000ma extra portable battry through which you can can charge your phone any where. so i ll have the light phone and also 5000ma extra power in my bag when i am traveling or going out fpr long time.
http://www.xiaomi.com/goods/1676