Mi2 vs Mi2S Night Mode

boojay

Members
Jan 9, 2013
I've been fooling around with both phones for the past day and this is one area where the newer and supposedly better Mi2S gets crushed by the Mi2.

Anyone have any idea why? I've cloned both phones so they're pretty much identical in almost every possible way, i.e. same rom, same apps, same files, etc.

Other than that, the Mi2S does seem like the better phone so far, but wow, what a huge difference in low light!

Swyped from my Mi 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384106557940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384106557940.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: deini
I suppose that you are using the 32GB version, with its 13mpx camera. Seems like Xiaomi has not made an optimized software, since the camera, in theory, it's better than the M2 one

I suppose that you are using the 32GB version, with its 13mpx camera. Seems like Xiaomi has not made an optimized software, since the camera, in theory, it's better than the M2 one

Yup, using 32 gb for both. The Mi2S is marginally faster, which naturally causes the battery to drain a touch faster, but that's acceptable given the increase in performance. The only downfall is the camera so far in low light. I'm using WIUI so I wonder if maybe Wajk made improvements to the camera that are strictly exclusive to the Mi2 camera.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Aperture in MI2 is 2.0, and in MI2S is 2.2, so youll have much better low light pictures with MI2.
But, MI2S 32gb has better sensor, so overall picture quality should be better than MI2.

Reactions: Tenant
Where can I find "Night Mode" on Mi2 default camera app friend, Many thanks :D

Go to the stock MIUI camera app > settings > turn off simple mode. Go back into settings once you've switched over and locate Night Mode as indicated by the yellow arrow:

a6uny5e5.jpg

Swyped from my Mi2S

Reactions: hvung1982
Aperture in MI2 is 2.0, and in MI2S is 2.2, so youll have much better low light pictures with MI2.
But, MI2S 32gb has better sensor, so overall picture quality should be better than MI2.

Yes, I coincidentally read about that earlier tonight. Thanks for pointing it out.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Go to the stock MIUI camera app > settings > turn off simple mode. Go back into settings once you've switched over and locate Night Mode as indicated by the yellow arrow:

a6uny5e5.jpg

Swyped from my Mi2S
So night mode named "Twilight Mode"? Is this true? Thanks!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2