Mi2 - Wireless Charging Project

1elf1

Members
Apr 11, 2013
Hi,

Lately I've been very intersted in the Wireless Charging technology.
After doing some research i've decided to make it possible on my Mi2.

The project contains:

1: Xiaomi Mi2.
2: DIY Wireless Charging Module (Transmitter $ Reicever)
3: KEIDI Universal Back Case for Extended and Normal Battery (Will have place to put the Reicever)
4: A bit of a Brain and Soldering Skills.
Basicly all i need to do is solder out the + and - pins out and make it like the Galaxy S4 pins.
Will update as soon as i'll get the parts. Wish Me Luck Meanwhile!!!

**Update**

So after a few experiments and even making a QI dock for my Mi2 i got a conclusion that the Qi Technology isn't evolved enough to charge a 1mA device Effective... And an extra 1mm thickness of the phone just don't worst it (at least for me :))

Last edited:
Good news, I also like Wireless charging, great! :cool:
I waiting your results.

Here is one other interesting article about it.
In my opinion is Qi is better choice than Palm,
but Palm solution is easier(?) and cheaper.

Hi Wajk.

Have to say your rom is THE solution for me, Thank you for That.

Although Palm is cheaper, the Qi standard have more products available And qi power supply varies from 500mA to 1000mA while Palm is limited for 600mA. For device that doesn't have initial support for wireless charging (The + & - Pins for easier connection) None of them is Easier.

The Module i've ordered is Non one of them, and it Cost 13$ for Transmitter and Receiver rated at 600ma and Max 1000 mA.
here is the link http://dx.com/p/mp268-fr4-diy-wireless-power-supply-charging-module-for-samsung-multicolored-218909

Reactions: Wajk
If you will make it, it will be great. Wireless charging for such a perfect smartphone would be great. Keep up!

Sent while riding a lawn-mower with Nokia 3310

some month ago I collected article and videos.
Because I also would like to use Wireless Charger :D

Here is one of helpful video what I found:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is Powermat MOD, but instructions was very useful for me.

Hi,

I decided to go along with The PALM Touchstone (Cheaper)...
I already got the charger but not the receiver, anyway already done the hard part of disassembling, soldering and assembling my MI2, will upload photo report soon :)

Reactions: SM26
This is my mi-2.
Monday I get the qi charger.

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 622
  • IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    970.4 KB · Views: 594
Hi everyone!

Well after many soldering work and fitting it works!!! I will upload photos tomorrow...
Any way the PALM is no good for our phones, i've been charging through the Touchstone the whole night and it's only about 20% percent per 7 hours.... Will order the QI charger after Torsten update.

Reactions: Wajk
Today I have new updates.

So far everything works great. Sometimes the loading platform does not recognize the phone. But the same is also without back cover.

Mass ( -) I have now taken directly from the battery.
The metal holder from the simcard lost the mass when I put the battery in the phone. I didn´t understand why?

Tomorrow I will give an information about the loading speed.

Here's a video where the Mi-2 is loaded.

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/35636417/file.html

Attachments

• IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 601
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 585
Reactions: 1elf1
Super !!! keep it up bro....
Interesting project. i am ready to follow you very soon....

Lucio it's possible to use any adapter.
Torsten used Galaxy S4 adapter rated at 1A.
Iv'e used PALM adapter and it was no good, so i ordered Qi charger and S4 adapter as well.

I have the whole a little remodeled.

To take the mass from the battery has not brought the desired effect.

Now I have the + and - tapped in the mobile phone of the Micro USB interface.

So that everything is going great.

I used a charging station by LG.

At the times:

11.30 clock - 58% the battery

13.23 clock - 100%

Attachments

• IMG_20130715_132442.jpg
    IMG_20130715_132442.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 459
wow... very interesting and much more convenient that other solutions!

I'm going to search it directly on taobao, I bet the price in China is much lower than that linked above

Hi there guys.

Sorry for not updating for very long time.
After many soldering and combining things together everything worked great.
I performed the tests via 2 Wireless Chargers. Each 0ne 5v 1000ma output, Even made a QI Car dock,
BUT!
The Current is just not enough!!!! While driving and gps, bluetooth and Waze is on, The battery drains very slowly. It means that the current of the charging device is just not enough to Charge the Mi2 while it's working.
It will be enough to charge the phone over night while not using it, but completely not to charge while the device is in use in the car! I'll upload some photos to make the eyes happy, and will wait for the QI technology to evolve to the stage it can charge the device while in heavy use (GPS, Music etc.)

Reactions: r0nar
BTW wajk the battery combine with wireless charger receiver looks just AWESOME. It's perfect to maintain the phones original size! It's one of the reasons i've gave up on this project, it's just not worth the extra width with bigger case for the receiver...