Mi2A section?How many are we?

A question about ROMs. I clicked on the ROM section and there's one posted by taurus. I'm thinking of updating but there's no date, changelog or any information about it. How do I know if the ROM is an update to what i'm using right now?

Shahmatt: The end of the version number is year(?).month.date. So 3.8.16 is 2013 August 16. Not entirely sure on the year part.

Have you updated your ROM? Can you comment on phone performance, in particular RAM usage? My chief problem is tight RAM on this phone. I have to clear RAM sometimes to use certain apps.

I have the same issues. I don't think it's a matter of the amount of ram, but rather how the task manager works. It seems to kill the wrong apps. It might kill the podcast I have playing in the background, instead of the note app I used hours ago. Thinks work well if I clear the apps when things get annoying.

Apart from that, it's snappy and works excellent for me. Only thing is that the community is working mainly on Mi2S and not that many on this one. Understandable, but makes me regret my buy slightly.

Hmmm. So have you updated to 3.8.16 ?

How do I check the ROM version on my phone? Under "About phone" is it the number under "Kernel version"? Mine says 3.4.0-xxxxxxx"

The "xxxxxx" part meaning lots of letters and numbers...

The ROM is very cool. Some great new features, including a native equalizer.

This phone has absolutely superb music sound quality with excellent clarity.

Is there any way to find out what audio decoder hardware is being used? I'm guessing it's not something cheap.

YESSS - AT LAST a ROM ..CM ROM..but it's in beta stage - i really hope that some more roms will start poping up - and also a fourm for our phone