mi2s V5/V6 official/unofficial/special ???

Mike01

Members
Jul 21, 2014
Hello everybody,
I would like to ask some info on the roms available for Mi2s.
As far as I know, the only official "standard" rom is the V5, am I wrong?
The v6 xiaomi has released is labeled as official, but"special". what does it mean? I noticed it's android 4.4, while xiaomi said the "official" standard V6 for mi2s would have been 4.1. Or did I miss something?
Does this mean we are still waiting for an official (not special) v6 version for mi2s based on 4.1?? (seems xiaomi is quite late, as now er're starting to talk about lollipop...)

Also, another question, is the Mi2s V6 special version (4.4) being updated as the Mi3/mi4 rom? I see the changelog only refers to Mi3/4... so i can't understand.

and lastly, I'm still using V5 (4.11.28), is v6 special as stable and optimized as the old V5? I am still unsure to upgrade to v6...

Thanks

p.s. oh, and another question: I noticed the Mikey app for the latest V5 releases is not working (it freezes when opening), does it work on V6?

I know I asked a lot of questions, sorry :)

I have the same questions as you. At the moment I use Miui V5 4.7.11 and I'm thinking about to make the step to V6. But I'm not sure about the stability of V6. If V6 is as stable as V5 is there a guide to update from V5 to V6?

Hope we can get some answers ;-)

Make a backup, move it to PC, flash v6 using MiFlash (flash_all) and see it for yourself how v6 suits you. If not then flash v5 with miflash and restore backup from v5. Done.

Wysłane z MI4

Thanks for the info.
Just made a backup, flashed with MiFlash to v6.
But.....I lost all my apps ;-(
Is there anyway to get my apps back in V6? Because I see that all my apps are still available at the internal storage.
Please help me....

@Marco S can restore your apps from the backup made in v5, in v6 go to Settings -> additional settings -> backup & reset -> local backups

Thanks for the reply.
Besides the apps I see also system setting (like laucher layout). Should I restore the system settings as well, or just the apps?

You can restore what you need, you can choose to restore all or also only the apps

I just updated one of 4.8.22 or above version (v5 4.11.21 for me) then selected v6 4.11.21 to update in Updater. It works fine. And now, I OTA update to v6 4.11.28, no issue :)

Thanks for all the info. It workes fine for me as well ;-)
The only problem was to unpack the compressed files 2 times before updating with MiFlash.
No happyli testing V6 ;-)

Hello, I like to test again V6 but I can't backup data miui backup apk display a message no enough memory on SD card. But I still have 20 Go free?
I use V5 4.12.5 Android 4.1.1 on my Mi2 what is the problem someone can help me?

Last edited:
Hello, I like to test again V6 but I can't backup data miui backup apk display a message no enough memory on SD card. But I still have 20 Go free?
I use V5 4.12.5 Android 4.1.1 on my Mi2 what is the problem someone can help me?
I have just solved the problem after reboot on partition 2 backup is done then.