Mi4 Dead

v3nom

Members
May 28, 2015
I dropped my mi4 in the water and it's dead now. I left it in rice to dry for couple days but it won't turn on. When I connect it to charger led lights red and then stops. When I connect it to PC it registers it as qhsusb_bulk. I went to repair shop and they don't know how to repair it. Can it be repaired or can I restore photos from it at least? I have good part of them on mi cloud but not all of them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Buy a used device and switch the motherboard. Only way.

Envoyé de mon MI 3W en utilisant Tapatalk

I got quoted 100 euros for new motherboard without shipping and I haven't seen used mi4 under 200 here so it doesn't make sense financially. I already bought new phone but I would like to get missing photos from the old one it possible.

You need all except the motherboard which is water insensitive if you clean. Try to dismantle if you can dry enough the screen and other parts to reboot. No risk as of today...

The data is on your motherboard and still here.

Reactions: v3nom
I can dismantle it, but how can I extract data?

You need another mi4 and switch the motherboard or you dismantle to dry further and try to reboot.

You think that motherboard is working and if I booted another mi4 with my motherboard it would work?

You think that motherboard is working and if I booted another mi4 with my motherboard it would work?

I believe yes.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find another mi 4.

Will do so if I find it. In the meantime if somebody knows alternative way please contact me.

if your phone get detected u can try to use miflash to solve the problem.. u can find guides.. i can't link cause i have less then 10 posts.. sorry

I found a guide on miui forum but it includes flashing it completely with Windows rom. I would like to backup data before that if possible. And I still don't know are all the parts in good condition.

I found a guide on miui forum but it includes flashing it completely with Windows rom. I would like to backup data before that if possible. And I still don't know are all the parts in good condition.

there is no need to flash anything, just be able to boot your motherboard to backup the data. Your phone is dead today because of water in screen, battery etc.

I know you told me that but I can't find another mi4 to switch motherboards.