[mi4 Lte Marshmallow] 4g Is Flaky

thenext1

Members
Mar 9, 2016
Hello, I've bought a mi4 LTE and upgraded it right away to marshmallow-based 6.3.3 rom.
I have some issues with my mobile operator (Tim Italy).
At my home, the phone either stays in 3g, or it switches to 4g and be offline (connection dead)... whereas my previous Lumia 930 would be on working 4g all the time. Also, the Mi4 rebooted on me a few times while on this fake 4g.
At work, the phone will switch to 4g as soon as it is turned on, but the transfer rates are pretty dismal compared to my Lumia (9 Mbps vs 50+ Mbps).

I've opened a bug on miui.com but I don't know exactly how to get it more in view...

I know of the missing LTE band 20 in the Mi4, but I also know my mobile operator isn't using the band nearby here.

Anyone experiencing this?

thanks

Inviato dal mio MI 4LTE utilizzando Tapatalk

also I've noticed that while on 4g the signal strength indicator is sort of stuck to 5 bars, and I know this is hardly probable...

You understand that the Xiaomi devices are not supporting the lower frequentie 4G bands. 4G only means it support that only.

Xiaomi is never hitting the market for 4G lower bands for now.

yes, I know the mi4 doesn't support band 20 (800 MHz), but my mobile operator isn't using it in my area

I have the same issue on mi4 but with wind operator, but it's different because I know that wind uses lows (and bad) frequencies, whereas Tim, as you wrote, doesn't use that frequencies.
Do you know if there is a way to find which band are we using?

ciao

with Wind it's different and it's normal... you know you'll never have LTE because Wind exclusively uses 800 MHz and 2600 MHz frequencies which the mi 4 doesn't support.
Tim instead uses a mix of 1800 MHz (in most places) and 800 (here and there)...

Later today I will post screenshots of ping latencies with various settings and various phones.