Mi4 Maybe Bricked

federico85

Members
Mar 29, 2016
Hello
I have a Mi4 LTE 16GB with the ROM 6.12.8 the last one so, today the phone rebooted few times and after is dead, what happens?
I tried to plug but the PC don't recognize, so I can't use MiPcsuite, no fastboot nothing.
What can i do?
Thanks

Are you able to access the recovery mode or fastboot, by holding the power button and volume down (volume up for recovery) button for several secconds, or is it entirely powerless?

same happens for me even I can't to access the recovery mode or fastboot, by holding the power button and volume down
phone died

Hi, any new info how to fix ? I did 'fastboot erase aboot' and now no recovery or fastboot, miflash doesnt find device no more and win7 spams me with format partition 5x every minute.

EDL mode? Any instructions somewhere? Yes I see it in dev manager as Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device
Edit: Ok read little bit EDL mode, but all instructions assume working device.
I have no way of telling if its switched on or off, now win plays sound like connecting-disconnecting every 15sec and dev manager shows nothing.

Last edited:
Are you able to go in Fastbootmode by pressing Volume down and On?

Gesendet von meinem MI 4S mit Tapatalk

EDL mode? Any instructions somewhere?
Not sure how, i got there once after bootloop. You could try turn phone off, press volume + and - same time, connect USB-cable to computer and release buttons. Phone stays black, but that Qualcomm QHSUSB port should appear in device manager under ports and MiFlash can write rom.

Reactions: vladpaul
I checked phone in linux and it has total 25 partitions, last 5 I can access and there are files.
Now I need some expert what where to copy.
In win7 I tried everything I found in net, nothing works.

Attachments

• Mi4Partitions.png
    Mi4Partitions.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 377
Interesting .. things are getting better.
EDL mode I did not get because fastboot nor adb recognize device.
I tried older version of MiFLash_v20160401 and it installed some driver, then I managed to flash cancro_global_images_7.2.24_20170224.0000.00_6.0_global
1st it was booting really long time, now screen doesn't work, only side and bottom buttons work. Can't get forward from Mi8 welcome screen.
Now I shall continue to find working rom.

Solved .. I set phone to fastboot, in Linux I flashed cancro_global_images_V8.2.1.0.MXDMIDL_20170111.0000.00_6.0_global
Then I had to wait 13 min for those small dots moving before welcome screen. At first screen was not responding, then it started working and it seems fine now.
Why didn't I see warning anywhere that I have to wait 15min after flashing ? Maybe it worked 1st time and I just didn't wait long enough.

try to keep pressing the power button for a lot of seconds, like 30 or more