Mi4c Android 5.1.1 To 7.0

For me it worked to unlock the bootloader the oficial way. It seems to be mandatory in the latest roms

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

See previous pages.. Go to a rom with bootloader unlocked via miflash. UlFlash twrp (3.0.2) I think. Flash 6.12.22, flash firmware 7.2.9, flash twrp libra 7, flash rom 7.9.14. Unlock bootloader if locked. Flash 7.10.26. Flash latest.

I had something like this working for me.

Good luck!

LE: there is a difference between 3.1.1.1 and libra 7 twrp. Try the second!

It's ok, i did it !

Resume :
- i'm going back to rom fastboot 6.9.29
- i udaped to the rom 6.12.22 with the updater app on the phone
- i installed flashify with acces root and bootloader unlock
- i installed twrp 3.0.2.0
- i reboot to the system
- i restart to recovery with the upadter app on the phone
- i installed firmawre 7.2.9 with wipe cache/dalvik
- i restarted the phone directly in recovery (important !!)
- i installed the image twrp 3.1.1.1 (since twrp 3.0.2.0) and rom 7.2.9 from xiaomi.eu with wipe cache/dalvik
- i reboot the system
- i installed the last and first versions of each rom (last miui 8, and first miui 9)
- i installed the last miui 9 with twrp 3.1.1.1

Enjoy !

Reactions: iamme729
Hi to everybody!

I have been reading this discussion and instructions.. still a bit confused how to..

I have android 5 and MIUI 8.0.4.0 Stable. Is it recommended to move to Android 7?

There is a stable android 7 version if you want. You will need to officially unlock the bootloader at one point in the upgrade process. Good luck with it!

I can not find....
sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-eu-multilang-miui-roms/files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/

Thank u!
Last update I did without any wipe data. So, from when I bought the phone (february 2016): is not healthy at least 1 time to do a reset?
what do you think?

hello, my Mi4c was on xiaomi.eu weekly 6.6.x.

I installed TRWP 3.0.2-0, and then 6.12.22.

but then I went to install the last weekly 7.11.23.

after installing via TWRP and rebooting, phone seems to be in boot loop - Mi logo appears for a few seconds and the dissapears, this keeps happening.

If I try to boot recovery, the Mi logo appears and stays there, nothing happens.

I can go into fastboot, bootloader now seems locked, I cannot flash recovery.

what should I do now? :)

Use miflash to flash a fastboot rom from xiaomi. Then try again. Read the previous posts. There have been several ways to update to latest version.

just tried that : critical partition flashing is not allowed

edit : i did the adb fastboot oem edl, flashing now

Did you used the miflash tool(from xiaomi - google it). The look for a fastboot firmware with bootloader unlocked - there was a thread on xda about this(something about downgrading - I don't recall the exact firmware number)

ok, so now I am at the china dev rom 6.1.7 which has unlocked bootlader - i will allow me to flash recovery, and I can run it.

I then try to install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_7.11.2_v9-7.0 from recovery, but then the same thing happens.

I will now try to install 6.12.22 again

so that is the key, to go from 6.12.22 to 7.2.9 ?

i now have xiaomi.eu 6.12.22 with TWRP 3.0.2-0 running

i followed your procedure.

installed 7.2.9, transfered 7.9.21, fastboot - installed twrp-20170817-0823 from your link ( there were 3 versions ).

tried to boot from fastboot to recovery, and now it is sitting at Mi logo.

went back to fasboot, tried to flash twrp 3.0.2-0 again, got Partition flashing is not allowed.

now I have to go back to china dev again .....

I can still boot 7.2.9. so recovery is unbootable & locked, for any changes I will have to use the china dev fastboot rom.

As I understand, I can unlock the phone with Mi Unlock tool. Since I did it before with this device, will it be done immediately or do I have to wait for some time, as before ?

After unlocking, which TWRP should I install before trying to flash MIUI9 xiaomi.eu ROM ?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

It unlocks immediately.
Use the TWRP-links shown in every first post of the weekly releases. You need TWRP for Android 7.0.

It will boot to TWRP and install the ROM.....Choose update package in updater app.....

I have Miui 8 stable. I would like to move tu Miui 9 stable. I have bootloader locked my the way.

Please can you exactly explain all steps I need to?

I would like to do a full reset, in order to clean the device as it was at manufacture state. What do you think? useful?

It certainly can't hurt anything ...may improve performance....

this: first time I flashed my mobile, was from developer.it to stable.eu. But I didn't delete anything but just wipe dalvick e cache. I think that the best flashing is reset all (data and apps) and put the new ROM.

So, within the process you posted, in which step exactly could I do factory reset?