Mi4c Android 5.1 To Android 7.0

Did the upgrade lock your bootloader ?
yes bootloader is locked again... i have to apply for new unlock
see: http://en.miui.com/thread-394821-1-1.html for complete way from a to z .. again...
now have to wait again for the sms.. sorry Iamme729 to hear you cannot change your phone nmber now.. check the page.. there is a support email adres listed there in the story to contact xiaomi.. maybe they can help

see: http://en.miui.com/thread-394821-1-1.html for complete way from a to z .. again...
now have to wait again for the sms.. sorry Iamme729 to hear you cannot change your phone nmber now.. check the page.. there is a support email adres listed there in the story to contact xiaomi.. maybe they can help

What about the cores? Can you check if the last two cores of the 808 stay turned off\stopped all the time? Even under heavy load? Because i notice that this is the case since beta 7.1.4. Just install Cpu-z and post a print here if you can :) thank you!

Thanks.. I saved the page...Once the bootloader was unlocked I didn't think you had to re-apply to unlock again ...just use the unlock tool....

I'll be honest with you guys! I could not careless about xiaomi s**t unlock policy! I just do it myself by downgrading my phone to 6.1.7 using edl emergency mode so i cant instant unlock without the need to do anything related to xiaomi. f**k xiaomi and their unlock Bullshit!

Can you check if the last two cores of the 808 stay turned off\stopped all the time? Even under heavy load? Because i notice that this is the case since beta 7.1.4

the pics are in idle state and in load state.. seems like cpu4 is off all the time.. not 3 too

Attachments

• cpu-z-idle.jpg
    cpu-z-idle.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 529
  • cpu-z-load.jpg
    cpu-z-load.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 533
I'll be honest with you guys! I could not careless about xiaomi s**t unlock policy! I just do it myself by downgrading my phone to 6.1.7 using edl emergency mode so i cant instant unlock without the need to do anything related to xiaomi. f**k xiaomi and their unlock Bullshit!

hmhm.. I use to do it that way too... enjoyed the unlock by going back to the libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0 rom rom which unlocked BL but now if you want official xiaomi 7 you just get it locked again.. plain easy locked.. no BS about that it just sucks.. guess to much trouble going from 5.1 to 7 .. my wifes'got a mi5.. and i did her upgrade from 6 to 7.. no BS there.. just upgrade and root it again and thats it.. all happy.. now i just sit.. and wait for official unlock method. Simple.. we wait..

the pics are in idle state and in load state.. seems like cpu4 is off all the time.. not 3 too

Just like i said above! Since beta 7.1.4, the last two and most powerful cores of our phone were simple turned off by xiaomi! WTF? Seriously? Why the hell is that? It's because of the freaking overheating problem that this phone have? C'mon xiaomi are you ******* kidding me? You just need make adjustments\improvements to the freaking thermal engine, others phones with this same processor don't overheat like the mi 4c does and they perform very well!

hmhm.. I use to do it that way too... enjoyed the unlock by going back to the libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0 rom rom which unlocked BL but now if you want official xiaomi 7 you just get it locked again.. plain easy locked.. no BS about that it just sucks.. guess to much trouble going from 5.1 to 7 .. my wifes'got a mi5.. and i did her upgrade from 6 to 7.. no BS there.. just upgrade and root it again and thats it.. all happy.. now i just sit.. and wait for official unlock method. Simple.. we wait..

Look on the developer menu! On nougat Xiaomi added a new option called "OEM Unlocking"! It's suppose to help with the 50% problem that a lot of people face when using the unlock official tool, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.

Yes but if you install this upgrade it will relock the bootloader...how do work around that ?
What? I've explained that in my comment that you've quoted.

"I just do it myself by downgrading my phone to 6.1.7 using edl emergency mode"

It's a mode that its not affect by the locked bootloader!
  1. Put your phone in fastboot and type fastboot oem edl
  2. Your phone will then enter in edl mode(kind of emergency recovery state)
  3. In edl mode you can use an older version of miflash, in other words, miflash 2015.10.28.0 with a x64 computer\OS to flash(even with a locked bootloader, it does not matter) an older version of miui, in this case libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.
  4. After you flash miui 6.1.7, you just need to put your phone in fastboot again and type fastboot oem unlock.
  5. Congratulations, you now have unlocked your phone yourself and as a bonus you just gave xiaomi the middle finger for their s**t unlock policy and system. Clap, clap, clap, clap...
That's what i did today after the fiasco that it was the first release of the 7.2.9 nougat rom!

Last edited:
Yes we understand that downgrade option.... But we want 7 xiaomi... So only option is apppy for unlock.. i see NO other way atm

Reactions: iamme729
Ok either I am getting old or senile or both...now you have flashed miui 6.1.7 and have an unlocked bootloader...you now flash Nougat and it re-locks the bootloader... did I miss something ?

Indeed, my mistake here(it's me that is getting old or senile or both) i thought that you asked how i was unlocking it and going back to 5.1! After this upgrade you will need to use official means, only option Available! Really ****** right? But like a said, there is a new option in the developer menu that is suppose to help you unlock your phone using the official tool.

And BTW the 4th core maybe locker atm but IT feels fast not sluggisch and i Just did a game and temperature was 32 degrees max, so item overall Nice build so far

And BTW the 4th core maybe locker atm but IT feels fast not sluggisch and i Just did a game and temperature was 32 degrees max, so item overall Nice build so far
To me it's strange if it's really locked! I kind of understand they doing it in the closed beta, but now? After releasing a public version? A version that people will start to complain because they are losing between 10 to 20k points in the antutu benchmark? And that they are losing the most two powerful cores that this phone have? Nah, i think that they are trying to fix the overheating s**t, but they are doing the wrong way i guess.

Hi guys.
I dont like this 7.2.9 and I want to go back to Resurrection Remix 5.8.1
I tried but is going to bootloop. Works only with 7.2.9.
How to do?

Only works ofcourse if you got bootloader unlock again / already, otherwise your stuck...For the moment. And so far i really like the build so far since morning batterij s at 85% love it

Only works ofcourse if you got bootloader unlock again / already, otherwise your stuck...For the moment. And so far i really like the build so far since morning batterij s at 85% love it

The battery is not lasting more because of an optimization done by the developers! It's lasting more because of the two last cores(the most powerful ones, the ones that eats more power) being shutdown all time!

Well dude if your not happy with it... do what you do best. Ill do what i do best oke. I appreciate my upgrade and it will only be getting better.. its the first release for the mi4c give it a break will ya.

Well dude if your not happy with it... do what you do best. Ill do what i do best oke. I appreciate my upgrade and it will only be getting better.. its the first release for the mi4c give it a break will ya.

Yeah dude i understand it, that it's the first "public" release and not the first release of nougat for the mi 4c! There was a closed beta you know that lasted for a month(give or take) and god knows how long it was already in development before that? You don't need to get so worked up because of a proven fact! And you have to admit it that it came pretty ****ed up, so ****ed up that it was suspended by xiaomi! If you appreciate something that faulty, indeed that is your problem. But you are talking about battery life here and you can't say that its good on nougat right now, because like you already know the two last cores are turned off all the time, these cores are the most powerful ones, the ones that eat more power, so you can't say anything about battery until this is fixed, because its misleading! Don't be a fanboy dude! Xiaomi it's only doing what they are suppose to do! Its their responsibility to gives us at least one android major update!

Last edited:
Do EU Nougatt rom lock mi4c bootloader too? Had the EU 7.2.9 download done in few minutes
yes it does.. you can read it all in the treat here. Only 1 time.. you need to request unlock permission.. because we go from 5.1 to big 7. 1 time Permission only..

yes it does.. you can read it all in the treat here. Only 1 time.. you need to request unlock permission.. because we go from 5.1 to big 7. 1 time Permission only..

Then that will be a 'panic-moment' one more time to do all the downgrade, unlock and reflash since I didnt have mine unlocked officially. Bytheway, which twrp is working with this 7.2.9 ?

Yesterday I upgraded my mi4c to Nougat Android 7 but in the configuration of the Post bitDownloader me error SSL (think) I get this error fuoi: "hardshake failed" on other device with the same parameters it works ... I tried + app

TWRP to update... is 3.0.2 not right ? TWRP, bootloader locked....it's getting too much for me...I think I will remain in Android 5 ROM Stable eu 8.1.3......