Mi4c Bricked After 'stable' Miui 9.2.2 Installation Failure?

mlntdrv

Members
Aug 15, 2016
Hi guys,
The ROM was xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V9.2.2.0.NXKCNEK_v9-7.0.zip (I'm not allowed to post the link lol). I got TWRP backup before I did anything. Then I wiped davik, cache, system and data. So far everything was good. Then I tried installing the ROM, but it failed with error "unknown command (log)". After selecting reboot, I don't have recovery mode so I can't recover from the backup. I tried flashing TWRP again in fastboot, but I got "FAILED (remote: Partition flashing is not allowed)" and its bootloader is NOT locked.
So, is it bricked? Is there anything I can do?
BR,
Milan

You were on 5.1 before?
Update to 7.x locked your bootloader.. Unlock it first..

Thank you for your answer. I tried, however in MiFlashUnlock I got the message "Current account cannot be used to unlock this device". Is this because I already unlocked it once?

Last edited:
I am facing the same problem since I installed official rom (removed it from miui account) my bootloader was locked again and despite vpn I can not bind the phone to account (although or because I see it again in mi cloud under my devices once logged in to mi account again). Unlock stops at 99% with can't use this account to unlock (testet both email and phone number as login and enabled find device option which works in mi cloud). I keep on trying

True. For me the only option now is to use the official chinese ROM for fastboot (doesn't require unlocking the bootloader).

I think u delete all. U delete data and system.

U only need to delete cache and dav.

Try use sd card or conect to pc and transfer rom on phone.

If you twrp is still working

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk

I have the same problem.
i tried to update to miui ver 9 from 8.5.1.0 (which is miui 8 over android 7) but failed
i tried to update from dev ver 6.12.22 after checking that the BL is unlocked but failed
i tried to update from official 6.1.7 but failed
no matter what i try, installing any version of miui 9 results in the phone turns off after 5 seconds of boot - MI logo (if connected to usb, it will loop).
I tried ver 9.1.3.0 and the newest 9.2.2.0
my BL never got permission to unlock since it was unlocked from stock (bought before 2017).

Any suggestions?

A Little more info please...how are you doing these updates ?
i was using ver 8.5 for a while. TWRP was ver 3. tried to update to ver 9.2.2 by using updater. caused device to turn off after 5 seconds. then i used this procedure (en.miui.com/thread-237832-1-1.html) to roll back to official ver 6.
2nd try:
installed TWRP ver 3.1.1. ok
installed dev ver 6.12.22 (MIUI 8 over android 5.1) via TWRP then verify BL unlocked. ok.
then updated via TWRP to ver 9.2.2. (always wipe cache dalvik and data). fail
3rd try:
this time TWRP was not erased, so i downgraded to 6.12.22. OK
checked with fastboot that BL is unlocked. OK
updated back to 8.5.1 (MIUI ver 8 over android 7). OK
then updated via TWRP to ver 9.1.3. (always wipe cache dalvik and data). fail
went back to 8.5.1.
i read a lot about problems moving from android ver 5.1 to 7, but i had ver 8.5.1 installed for a long time and it's android 7

hi iamme729
the procedure i indicated above is simmilar to the link you provided.
I know how to roll back to basic version, i just can't find a way to successfully install MIUI v.9 without softbricking

I will try to unlock before booting.
but installing 8.5 should be the same, the BL is blocked, but i can still boot.
thanks

Reactions: iamme729
initial situation:

• bricked Mi 4c without Unlock

process:
  • download Fastboot Rom
    • "Xiaomi Mi 4c Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download"
  • extract Fastboot ROM to directory (e.g. "libra_images_V9.5.1.0.NXKCNFA_20180306.0000.00_7.0_cn")
  • download twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img
  • copy "twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img" into the "image" directory of the extracted Fastboot Rom
  • rename "recovery.img" to "recovery.img.backup"
  • rename "twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img" to "recovery.img"
  • install and setup Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
  • setup usb cable for deep flash (en.miui.com/thread-314860-1-1.html)
    • Turn off Mi 4c
    • plug USB-C into Mi 4c
    • plug USB (with the wire attached to the 2nd pin) into Computer
    • pull the wire off without unplugging USB
  • in Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
    • "refresh" - device should be listed
    • "select" directory (e.g. "libra_images_V9.5.1.0.NXKCNFA_20180306.0000.00_7.0_cn")
    • "flash" - wait until finished
  • enter TWRP with [power] and [Vol +]
  • download lineage-image and GoogleApps (ARM64) zip files
  • in TWRP mount drives and move zip files from computer to device
  • Install LineageOS
  • Reboot

Hello guys, I have same problem with my Mi4C.
I can install weekly "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_7.9.7_v9-7.0", but if I do update the system - I got bootloop.
At this moment I use "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.5.1.0.NXKCNED_v8-7.0" and it works.
How can I install "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V9.5.1.0.NXKCNFA_v9-7.0" correct without bootloop? If it possible.

Btw use Multi TWRP 3.1.1.0 for Android 5 and 7, bootloader is unlocked. sry for my english.

show screenshot
Q90L4Z0.png

I unlocked my phone once and can't do it anymore. Some people says that need wait 14 days or 30 days, but I waited ~80 days and still can't.

-upd-
Hmm, what if I replace recovery.img in .tgz to TWRP with same name and flash it?

Last edited: