Mi4s Rom Upgrade Help

sean winn

Members
Apr 22, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have been looking through the information on the forums for a few days trying to figure out what is the latest version of android and MIUI that can be installed on the Mi4S and how to install it correctly.

My phone is running MIUI 7.2.5.0, and android version 5.1.1 at the moment.

I am new to custom ROM's but consider myself technical but I just can't figure this out,

Any help or advance would be great thanks

Sean.

Thanks, I did follow that but its says for upgrading to android 7 install the ROM for the Mi5. I could not get this to work for some reason.

I am downing 6.12.22 at the moment, hopefully this will solve my issues. Many thanks for your help. for some reason I could not find this information by myself

Reactions: iamme729
7cc98311ad0af7ccce1cfcd9c9cc44ca.jpg

I have updated to miui 8.2, (6.12.22) but my android version still says 5.1.1. I can see the phone had changed its look but can't understand why my android version is still 5.1.1

Have I done something wrong?

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Ok thanks, I have the official unlock tool from xiaomi. I will try updating to the latest ROM today.

Thanks for you help

Hi guys, I followed the above istructions but, even if they seems to be easy, I've got lost...
I first updated to 6.12.22, then I unlocked the bootloader, then I updated TWRP: at this point I had the first issue.
Indeed in the TWRP download page there are 3 TWRP for MI4s. I first tried with TWRP_aqua_7.0.zip but something was wrong since I cannot then start TWRP. So I tried with TWRP_aqua_v8.zip, and with this one TWRP worked again.
At that point I tried to install the latest stable MIUI version for MI4s via TWRP, but while perfrorming the update I received an error, and after that phone went in bootloop. I tried a couple of time, even wiping data/cache/dalvik, but always with same result.
So I tried to install again 6.12.22 via TWRP, and the installation was OK.
But I want to move to android 7! Can someone help me?