Mi5 Ask For Password

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Why is Mi5 asking for password?
Stolen phone? Hope not. Bought Mi5 but cannot use it.
Can i bypass with flashing fastboot rom etc.?

Somebody can explain / help?

Thanks
Alex

If it's asking for a password right out of the box, it is almost certain that it's a used phone, stolen or not. If you've just bought it, you should return it immediately and ask for a new phone or a refund.

Reactions: Oleksii Chepurnyi
If it's asking for a password right out of the box, it is almost certain that it's a used phone, stolen or not. If you've just bought it, you should return it immediately and ask for a new phone or a refund.
Thanks.
It's a used phone, bought from someone on the internet. This person does not respond anymore. So i get stuck with a Mi5 i cannot use?

Thanks.
It's a used phone, bought from someone on the internet. This person does not respond anymore. So i get stuck with a Mi5 i cannot use?
It can be done. I have been in the same situation as you. Bought a mi5 online and it had account on it. The guy didn't want to give me the password to unblock it. So i fixed it

@crashnburn , it would be cool if you described your solution, instead of just telling us "I did it!" :)

@Alexiaomi , can you enter recovery? Does it have stock recovery or TWRP? If you have TWRP, you're all set, you can wipe data, cache and dalvik and be done with it. If not, I guess you can flash a stock ROM using MiFlash + EDL mode. I've never done it, but there are many knowledgeable guys in here who can tell you how to do it, plus there are several threads here telling how to do just that.

Best regards,

Reactions: Alexiaomi
@crashnburn , it would be cool if you described your solution, instead of just telling us "I did it!" :)

@Alexiaomi , can you enter recovery? Does it have stock recovery or TWRP? If you have TWRP, you're all set, you can wipe data, cache and dalvik and be done with it. If not, I guess you can flash a stock ROM using MiFlash + EDL mode. I've never done it, but there are many knowledgeable guys in here who can tell you how to do it, plus there are several threads here telling how to do just that.

Best regards,
I will give a solution when i have it. I will describe what i did if i manage. Don't worry.

And yes, there are friends here who help eachother out.

Knowing is sharing !

To be continued,

Alex

Best regards,

I have another one now, with unlocked bootloader (sadly, i only found out when i got home that it went for a swim), and again, the guy didn't want to give me the account (only buy new xiaomi from now on), it doesn't work with TWRP. Will try more after I replace the display cuz it's broken. All is black, hard to see the text on it. Anyway, i have the solution, just not for miui 8.