rahatbambah98

Members
Nov 4, 2017
My mi5 is stuck on this screen.

I have access to TWRP on the mi5.
It has unlocked bootloader.
Adb and mi drivers are installed.
Have access to OTG.

Can anyone kindly guide me through the simplest process here?

For recovering my phone do I have to flash global stable/developer necessarily?

I had global developer previously (miui9) to which I flashed TWRP successfully but when I was flashing the SuperSU zip, it got stuck here.

Kindly help me fix this and tell me what I did wrong to get softbricked.
19b69ff43be46642749133fdfbf70712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This looks more like a hardbrick, in TWRP do a complete backip to USB OTG and then start to fix your hardware first (my guess is a loose connection inside).
How on earth can you treat a Mi5 like this?

This looks more like a hardbrick, in TWRP do a complete backip to USB OTG and then start to fix your hardware first (my guess is a loose connection inside).
How on earth can you treat a Mi5 like this?
It worked very well after that happened to the phone, nothing wrong with software used it like that for a couple of months.

I actually drove over it accidentally, love the phone.

It had no data so recovery of data isn't important.

Can you link me any software that I can flash?

It worked very well after that happened to the phone, nothing wrong with software used it like that for a couple of months.

I actually drove over it accidentally, love the phone.

It had no data so recovery of data isn't important.

Can you link me any software that I can flash?

Meant nothing wrong with the hardware.

It was on the roof of my car, slid off and I proceeded to reverse over it.

Try flashing the boot.img... The backup is usually in /data... If not, just extract it from an ota... If that didn't work, just download the fastboot rom and flash it using mi flash (this doesn't require restoring stock recovery)...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rahatbambah98
Try flashing the boot.img... The backup is usually in /data... If not, just extract it from an ota... If that didn't work, just download the fastboot rom and flash it using mi flash (this doesn't require restoring stock recovery)...

So what happened was I was trying to flash a new stock ROM, it flashed successfully and asked me to swipe to reboot and the phone went absolutely blank, no lights work no buttons nothing.

Found a guide online to flash the fastboot file using mi flash if the phone is dead but detected (which it is).

I'm now downloading the fastboot ROM and let's see how it goes.

Thank you sir.

So what happened was I was trying to flash a new stock ROM, it flashed successfully and asked me to swipe to reboot and the phone went absolutely blank, no lights work no buttons nothing.

Found a guide online to flash the fastboot file using mi flash if the phone is dead but detected (which it is).

I'm now downloading the fastboot ROM and let's see how it goes.

Thank you sir.

Put the extracted fastboot rom on your desktop...

Edit: I see it's on desktop... Move the files on to main directory and remove the subdirectories if you haven't done that...

are u goin to take it for screen replacement? have u try edl mode? but its only possible easiest from bootloader/fastboot mode, just type fastboot oem edl, then flash it with anything u wish to..

You can try a syteme, data wipe in TWRP or in bootloader, try "fastboot erase userdata", bur prepare you to lose data