New Mi5s 7.7.13 Playstore Error 492

Skikky

Members
Jul 10, 2017
After a clean installation, I have reset my backup, today within the palystore to download apps and I've always been error 492. I cleaned play store cache and deleted data, deleted cache and play services data as well as service framework. I deleted my google account and then put it back in the playstore. I tried to clean the dalvik cache but it does not work that way either. Do you have other ideas?

Reactions: Henk Jan Baard
Reflash the ROM (with Dalvik cache en cache wipe of course, and no need for a full wipe). And make sure you don't install GApps over it as the Play store is already included. Also, don't put back the backup as stuff will stay intact with a dirty flash (and it can screw up your Play Store again).

If that doesn't work I'm out of basic tips. ;)

I did what you advised me, but unfortunately the problem persists. At this point I think it is a problem of the rom in question.
Update: I have tried several times to re flash the rom, with full wipe without restoring the backup and the play store continues to give me error 492.
Not finding the solution i downloaded the last rom 7.7.20 also installed this with full wipe and this time the play store error returns.
At the moment I brought my phone back to the old version 7.2.23 from which I came and here everything is back to work fine

Last edited:
Same here with Global Rom 8.5.3.0. Funny thing is that I have 2 Mi5s and te problem is only persisten in one of them.

I get the same error on Redmi 2. I didn't update ROM in months (last installed 7.3.30) and the problem simply appeared yesterday. I've tried clearing play store, services and framework cache, even cleared dalvik, but it only fixed half of oproblem - I'm now able to install new apps from Play Store, but I can't reinstall/update apps I already have.
Installing downloaded apps from .apk goes normal, but Play Store seems really broken.

Hi,
The same issue happened on my side - it seems it's more related to the google account, however somehow mainly impacts xiaomi users.
Please see my google support forum entry (cannot post a link due to low posts ammount ;) - search for "Constant error 492 from Google play" in google play help forum).

Looks the gplay tries to download a file and store it in device with too long file name.

The download function uses different method : market/download/Download? as opposite to download/by-token/ - any idea if it's on server/google apps side or some internal rom/xiaomi implmentation ?

Reactions: Heart
So are we going to keep the phone with an old rom if we keep the primary account? In this case the problem should solved by Google. I guess I can forget the miui 9!
But I do not understand if the problem is related to this phone or the new version of android

I have the same problem since 25th july. I think i made everything to solve this problem. I have found a temporal fix, it isn´t a goog solution but it will let update your apps. It´s creating a new google account and deleting the current one, then you´ll be able to update and install apps. When you add your google account again, this solution stops to work.

Sorry for my english.

Adding the temporary account is not a good choice for me - i've already stated it in my earlier post (google play works on new account).
Any idea how we can speed up the investigation here - ROM developers (any hints?). I'm actively discussing the issue with the google support, however no luck till now (they are constantly claiming that they will not support custom android releases like XIAMOI's MIUI).
Any way to involve the XIAOMI support besides posting dozens of posts in the official forum ?

Lukasz

Adding the temporary account is not a good choice for me - i've already stated it in my earlier post (google play works on new account).
Any idea how we can speed up the investigation here - ROM developers (any hints?). I'm actively discussing the issue with the google support, however no luck till now (they are constantly claiming that they will not support custom android releases like XIAMOI's MIUI).
Any way to involve the XIAOMI support besides posting dozens of posts in the official forum ?

Lukasz
can you check in Play store settings if its Certified and check if SafetyNet pass...

can you check in Play store settings if its Certified and check if SafetyNet pass...
I have the same problem (492), here google play says "not certified". And how can I check your mentioned "SafetyNet"?

Hi glad You're interested in resolving the issue :)
Both seem to be OK

Lukasz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-27-10-13-50-812_com.scottyab.safetynet.sample.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-27-10-13-50-812_com.scottyab.safetynet.sample.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Screenshot_2017-07-27-10-10-06-132_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-27-10-10-06-132_com.android.vending.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 290
Ok.. Call * # * # BUG # * # * and attach generated log here...

~Tapatalk~

Interesting part of log is here

Code:
07-27 14:58:02.036  3127 12484 D DownloadThread:  runInternal catch StopRequestException:10535 fileName= url=https://android.clients.google.com/download/by-token/AOTCm0SzFvEhPOx5qPkf_ztaVnCP3ZeJMnKQbpWrLOqyeVp3I7CsQpaGkuGUI4kUdka5UTyGKVQN8FYxWuDnvHDk1OgAK9ToRozUlbrUC4HvlSjDYUlzM9tmRA2L8JkoI4NRp6jt1WmFub1vZ2GQoC5zwqBt1WNylAk8_Mcn36hGBqlBj3WWBbHOsxKi1ydmQulYdQw1OmxxO547XFGD3ArNO7B8RlbLpzMfjdMTVCvW340A5vxEqkQ43vdVdcrW2CO4Wg48UT0vy9tu6c8vuWyB_ZDTx_FWF11DG81BlBGlD2sDSPwzqSUkOnCKv-HHWbu1UZt3xlV5mNnz-5j3TM5oztnLUMOEAPB_EQ?ssl=1&cpn=CDN3EaxgyjVE-ed6 statusInfo=FILE_ERROR(492), errorMsg=Failed to create target file /data/user/0/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/AOTCm0SzFvEhPOx5qPkf_ztaVnCP3ZeJMnKQbpWrLOqyeVp3I7CsQpaGkuGUI4kUdka5UTyGKVQN8FYxWuDnvHDk1OgAK9ToRozUlbrUC4HvlSjDYUlzM9tmRA2L8JkoI4NRp6jt1WmFub1vZ2GQoC5zwqBt1WNylAk8_Mcn36hGBqlBj3WWBbHOsxKi1ydmQulYdQw1OmxxO547XFGD3ArNO7B8RlbLpzMfjdMTVCvW340A5vxEqkQ43vdVdcrW2CO4Wg48UT0vy9tu6c8vuWyB_ZDTx_FWF11DG81BlBGlD2sDSPwzqSUkOnCKv-HHWbu1UZt3xlV5mNnz-5j3TM5oztnLUMOEAPB_EQ.bin msg=open failed: ENAMETOOLONG (File name too long)

Do you use 2 steps authentication for Google account..? try disable it or enable if dont..

also try clear Google Play and Downloads app data and reboot...

Interesting part of log is here

Code:
07-27 14:58:02.036  3127 12484 D DownloadThread:  runInternal catch StopRequestException:10535 fileName= url=https://android.clients.google.com/download/by-token/AOTCm0SzFvEhPOx5qPkf_ztaVnCP3ZeJMnKQbpWrLOqyeVp3I7CsQpaGkuGUI4kUdka5UTyGKVQN8FYxWuDnvHDk1OgAK9ToRozUlbrUC4HvlSjDYUlzM9tmRA2L8JkoI4NRp6jt1WmFub1vZ2GQoC5zwqBt1WNylAk8_Mcn36hGBqlBj3WWBbHOsxKi1ydmQulYdQw1OmxxO547XFGD3ArNO7B8RlbLpzMfjdMTVCvW340A5vxEqkQ43vdVdcrW2CO4Wg48UT0vy9tu6c8vuWyB_ZDTx_FWF11DG81BlBGlD2sDSPwzqSUkOnCKv-HHWbu1UZt3xlV5mNnz-5j3TM5oztnLUMOEAPB_EQ?ssl=1&cpn=CDN3EaxgyjVE-ed6 statusInfo=FILE_ERROR(492), errorMsg=Failed to create target file /data/user/0/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/AOTCm0SzFvEhPOx5qPkf_ztaVnCP3ZeJMnKQbpWrLOqyeVp3I7CsQpaGkuGUI4kUdka5UTyGKVQN8FYxWuDnvHDk1OgAK9ToRozUlbrUC4HvlSjDYUlzM9tmRA2L8JkoI4NRp6jt1WmFub1vZ2GQoC5zwqBt1WNylAk8_Mcn36hGBqlBj3WWBbHOsxKi1ydmQulYdQw1OmxxO547XFGD3ArNO7B8RlbLpzMfjdMTVCvW340A5vxEqkQ43vdVdcrW2CO4Wg48UT0vy9tu6c8vuWyB_ZDTx_FWF11DG81BlBGlD2sDSPwzqSUkOnCKv-HHWbu1UZt3xlV5mNnz-5j3TM5oztnLUMOEAPB_EQ.bin msg=open failed: ENAMETOOLONG (File name too long)

Do you use 2 steps authentication for Google account..? try disable it or enable if dont..

also try clear Google Play and Downloads app data and reboot...

I've already posted that - the similar issue is in my logs:

I've tried to use another (new) google account - and the problem dissapeared - that makes me think the issue is on google (not a dvice) side.
The way google play donloads the file is slightly different in new account:
Working (new account)
07-26 09:05:09.884 6778 17449 D DownloadThread: in runInternal, Download mId=16 uri=https://android.clients.google.com/market/download/Download?packageName=com.pluscubed.matlog&versionCode=6&ssl=1&token=

07-26 09:05:11.298 6778 17449 D DownloadThread: runInternal 16 finished with status SUCCESS
Not working (primary account)

07-26 09:23:27.304 7287 15080 D DownloadThread: in runInternal, Download mId=16 uri=https://android.clients.google.com/download/by-token/
07-26 09:23:28.654 7287 15080 D DownloadThread: runInternal catch StopRequestException:16 fileName= url=https://android.clients.google.com/download/by-token/..... statusInfo=FILE_ERROR(492), errorMsg=Failed to create target file /data/user/0/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/....
msg=File name too long

Somehow in new account the download method is slightly different.
It looks the issue happens - since the DownloadThread uses the token to create the filename - and token is too long (~400 bytes - while ext handles names up to 255 chars).
Is the DownloadThread some MIUI specific code or rather android provided ?
Found the code at :
android / platform / packages / providers / DownloadProvider / ... / . / src/ com / android / providers / downloads / DownloadThread.java

DownloadThread should be from AOSP but you can try replace DownloadProvider.apk from some AOSP ROM on same Android base... it should works... I cant test it as I dont have this Play store issue...

but at first, try just clear app data of Downloads apps.. (there are two)

DownloadThread should be from AOSP but you can try replace DownloadProvider.apk from some AOSP ROM on same Android base... it should works... I cant test it as I dont have this Play store issue...

but at first, try just clear app data of Downloads apps.. (there are two)
I cleared the data for Download and DownloadManager - still error 492.

I'm afraid the DownloadProvider is probably only the service that gets all the requested data (including fname). I'll try to find the apk - any help where can i look for it ?

I understand i need some tool to extract apk (like android kitchen)?
It will take ages - my internet connection is very poor.
(please forgive my ignorance - i'm not experienced in the android system - rather writing soft on the second side - bts/eNb) ;)

I understand i need some tool to extract apk (like android kitchen)?
It will take ages - my internet connection is very poor.
(please forgive my ignorance - i'm not experienced in the android system - rather writing soft on the second side - bts/eNb) ;)

ok try attached file for 6.0.. replace in system/priv-app/DownloadProvider/
make a backup of original file in case of FC...

Attachments

• DownloadProvider.apk
    805.6 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
ok try attached file.. replace in system/priv-app/DownloadProvider/
make a backup of original file in case of FC...
Hi when i replace this file, and when i try update app, google play close. No error just close and not opening now. Hmm orginal downloadprovider.apk is much biger.

Inbrzy can you give me this file from your xiaomi ?

Last edited: