Mi5s Plus - Discussion [rom][stable][multi][xiaomi.eu]

Muhamed

Members
Jun 24, 2014
Here we go... this is a discussion thread for stable ROM rls, for the Mi5s Plus (64 and 128GB).

For a clean install, flash China stable (not global), wipe and flash stable xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP. After that I wipe again and now we got 100% clean install. After that you can flash updates over TWRP (without wipe).

Regards

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

My mi5s plus came with vendor room all I did was install twrp, formated all the storages including internal data after that I transfered the eu zip file and flashed.. In what why isn't that stable?

I'm curious to know what difference does it make if I flash according to your post? What's broken in the way I did if anything is broken that is. Mine is rocksolid with over 8h sot

Skickat från min MI 5s Plus via Tapatalk

You can't install TWRP with locked bootloader. So you need to unlock bootloader first and you can not unlock bootloader with vendor ROM. I flash dev eu ROM, admin don't answer and after two days I can not wait anymore :D

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

I'm aware about locked and unlocked bootloader this is my 5th xiaomi device so I'm aware of the procedure. I was mostly curious if your first post compared to mine will end up in any different way?

I explained only how I did and from what version I flashed twrp and eu rom.

I bought a Mi5S Plus with the official international (global) ROM, not the dev one. And I had no problems to unlock the bootloader. No need (for me, at least) to install first the dev ROM.

Good to know. On the Mi5 Xiaomi sad "which china and global and with stable and dev - u can unlock boootloader" but for me I only china dev work to unlock bootloader, any other firmware = stuck at 50%.

Xiaomi.eu ROM's base is china dev/china stable, so the best way is to use this as base for xiaomi.eu ROMs

Stuck at 50% has always been related to MI account not being synced with the device and your account. it has always been that for all my previous devices and not related to dev version. But you are correct in some way since some devices demand unlock with dev rom. The rmn3 pro demanded dev rom while mi5 and mi5s plus worked in global and standard China rom.

I flash a few xiaomi devices the last time, the Redmi 3 Pro, 3x Redmi Note 3 Pro, the Mi5 and Mi5s Plus. Only the Mi5s Plus don't know but for the other one only with china dev. Xiaomi sad on the official forum "now you can use china stable and both global roms" but it dosent work, trust me. I got 3 accounts because one unlock 30 days you need to wait.

I flash a few xiaomi devices the last time, the Redmi 3 Pro, 3x Redmi Note 3 Pro, the Mi5 and Mi5s Plus. Only the Mi5s Plus don't know but for the other one only with china dev. Xiaomi sad on the official forum "now you can use china stable and both global roms" but it dosent work, trust me. I got 3 accounts because one unlock 30 days you need to wait.
I unlocked my mi5s plus in first time. After half hour get unlock code.

After half hour get unlock code.
The same for me.
I asked the permission to unlock some days before receiving my Mi5S, just to be ready to unlock and wipe a possible fake ROM as soon as I have my hands on the device, but that surprised me because a friend of mine had to wait for 2 weeks to unlock his RN3.
I read somewhere the people registered and active on official forum have higher priority on approval, so I was thinking that they were so fast because I have ~175 posts there.

Wondering if anyone is able to help me.

Recently purchased a MI5S Plus and having problems unlocking the bootloader. Followed all instructions and the unlock fails at 50% with the tool stating that "the account on the device is different than current account" (or something like that).

Now here's what I have done so far:
-made sure device and tool are using the same account with phone number login
-made sure "find device" is turned on and phone can be found
-disabled windows 10 driver signature
-enabled usb debugging on the device
-made sure sim card is in slot 1 of device

So far no dice. Phone is on Global Stable (8.0.1.0) but I wanted to move to Xiaomi EU version (which also has the correct UK locale and some other features). I am not new to the rom flashing scene (just moved from iOS to android and had a Galaxy S2 back in the day which I loved experimenting with).

If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. No idea what else to try.

Best regards

I unlocked my phone first day after buying it and it was not even worked. Turned it on, make miui acc and do a unlock. After that i login with google acc. I suggest do a factory reset and first set miui acc and unlock right after that

I have Mi5S Plus with the official international (global)ROM, had no problems to unlock the bootloader and replace with the global dev rom 6.12.8., it work fine.

Reactions: ivan.martinko