New MI8 EE Bugs with Latest mi11 stable rom

I am not sure whether this causing any bugs. The latest one should be V11.0.4.0?? For MI8 EXPLORER EDITION?

icon dessapear ramdomly after open and close apps. Phone get super hot during use.

Anyone experence the same problem?? I've flashed twice with the same xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V11.0.2.0.QEHCNXM_v11-10.zip rom.

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V11.0.3.0.PEHCNXM_v11-9.zip Appearently the one before is V11.0.3.0 how come the latest one back to V11.0.2.0?

Many thanks in advance.
same problems as you. did u roll back to the previous version(V11.0.3.0;v11-9) to use?

Had the same issues, had to roll back. Also some issues with some apps, they randomly opened and I couldn't close them, not even force close, because there was no way the gestures worked at that moment. And even when you managed it to close the apps, they just reopened after a few seconds.
Another bug I noticed was extreme lag and sometimes short freezes. Writing was a No Go, you couldn't write a word without missing some letters.

Installed Backup via TWRP and reinstalled old 11.0.3.0 Version.

Had the same issues, had to roll back. Also some issues with some apps, they randomly opened and I couldn't close them, not even force close, because there was no way the gestures worked at that moment. And even when you managed it to close the apps, they just reopened after a few seconds.
Another bug I noticed was extreme lag and sometimes short freezes. Writing was a No Go, you couldn't write a word without missing some letters.

Installed Backup via TWRP and reinstalled old 11.0.3.0 Version.

I haven't made any backup lol. Should i just wait for wipe everything and reinstall 11.0.3.0

I am pretty sure mod just made some mistakes as the factory latest mi8 EE rom is 11.0.4.0

Yeah, it's sad, this is the second time, that the new Rom for the Mi8 EE has major bugs, so that you can't use the phone really anymore, and I think that should be the last thing with a "Stable" declared release... After the last time I learned to backup my phone before any update and I am really glad about that, because I don't want a complete data loss again.

I'm not sure how to help you in this situation, you could maybe wait for a improved stable version to update (which I hope will follow soon), or you have to go back too...but I'm not sure what is the right way. Maybe some admin could help.

can u guys also confirm when using Facebook Messenger in-app camera, is there still shutter sound even though the phone is in silent mode(for stock camera app there is no shutter sound)?
i m not sure whether its a single case or a bug associated with the messenger app. thanks in advance

Reactions: Daz573
can u guys also confirm when using Facebook Messenger in-app camera, is there still shutter sound even though the phone is in silent mode(for stock camera app there is no shutter sound)?
i m not sure whether its a single case or a bug associated with the messenger app. thanks in advance
Not every app with camera functionality allows to disable the shutter sound...

Not every app with camera functionality allows to disable the shutter sound...
Before i updated to latest stable rom, there is no shutte sound in the app; i also tested on a K20 pro(latest xiaomi.eu rom and latest FB Messenger app), no shutter sound as well... so i guess it's a bug...just dont know whats the cause of this bug...
anyway, sooner or later this bug will be fixed

Yep all
I will make you the list of the bug that I have since the update 11.0.2 Miui11 Android 10:
-Icon which disappears after opening an app
-All the lower part of the touch screen bug. (For example on the keyboard I have to press twice on the keys for it to work)
-When exiting an application the screen becomes very dark for this to come back you have to open another application several times
-Application drawer does not close properly
-Sometimes the fingerprint unlock does not work
I did the update this afternoon, impossible to reinstall the previous version it restarts on twrp
Now the only solution is to wait for a bug fix with a new update, or do a full reinstall

Update:
-camera sound on Messenger even in silent mode (I hadn't checked but already reported by another person)
- screen rotation in all directions ...

Last edited:
I think V11.0.13 to latest rom took xiaomi 3 months to release V11.0.12. Hope it won't take long to have the newer rom.

Yep all
I will make you the list of the bug that I have since the update 11.0.2 Miui11 Android 10:
-Icon which disappears after opening an app
-All the lower part of the touch screen bug. (For example on the keyboard I have to press twice on the keys for it to work)
-When exiting an application the screen becomes very dark for this to come back you have to open another application several times
-Application drawer does not close properly
-Sometimes the fingerprint unlock does not work
I did the update this afternoon, impossible to reinstall the previous version it restarts on twrp
Now the only solution is to wait for a bug fix with a new update, or do a full reinstall
yes true...somehow the screen becomes dark and grey after closing app...but not always

Reactions: Daz573
I think V11.0.13 to latest rom took xiaomi 3 months to release V11.0.12. Hope it won't take long to have the newer rom.
I think there has to be a mistake with this Rom version. Would be great if some Stuff member could maybe check this or at least say something. It's a few days by now.

as far as i know, the stock(official) rom on Mi8 EE is also V11.0.12 and it doesnt cause any bugs that we encountered on the eu rom. so, probably the bugs are made when the staff modify it.

as far as i know, the stock(official) rom on Mi8 EE is also V11.0.12 and it doesnt cause any bugs that we encountered on the eu rom. so, probably the bugs are made when the staff modify it.

I finally understand what's the meaning of kimyiu=goldfish? HAHAHA

@ingbrzy - Is there a fix planned? We still hanging here...

Probably all admins are on Chinese holiday?? At least till now they haven't reply us, whether is euro rom or original rom causing these many bugs. We have to wait for the newer rom or they will fix these bugs and update the current one?

None of us has a Mi 8 EE, and none of those issues can be reproduced on Mi 8 or Mi 9.
So... we just don't know what to tell you.

None of us has a Mi 8 EE, and none of those issues can be reproduced on Mi 8 or Mi 9.
So... we just don't know what to tell you.

We should just wait for next Rom? Sure nothing has not gone wrong during the modification from orginal xiaomi rom to euro rom?