MI8 - Font Bootloop or Anti RollBack ?

soaresden

Members
Aug 23, 2013
Hi !

I just unlock my bootloader yesterday, flash a Global Dev FlashbootRom and then immediately enable TWRP recovery and Installed Miui Globe (xiaomi.eu dependance).
I read about anti rollback protection but didn't really understand it.

My Phone Boot well and worked well until this morning when I use HiFont to change my font.
BootLoop ...

I tried wipe cache/dalvik --> nothing
I tried reinstalling the Rom via TWRP --> nothing

Thats when I remember the rollback protection ...
Even if it's the same rom, normally it must boot right ?

Is this possible that a HiFont install the zip via internal cmd and then act like a rom ?

Because of the panic, I tried some flashable zip for restoring fonts... in vain it didn't work

I'm still unable to boot my phone, I don't want to flash with a fastbootrom (and I don't even know if it will work !?)

Please help me booting the phone back :( !

start TWRP, wipe Data and FORMAT Data (confirm with YES), copy Rom.zip to your Mi8 and choose Install ... Rom.zip

Thanks deepblue2000 for your quick answer.
Erasing data is the "easiest" solution ...

I tried putting manually via twrp the system/fonts to chmod 644 but didn't book either ..

Can you explain me a little ?
- I read somewhere that there was a "dummy.img" to flash to tell the phone an instruction about rollback
When will we have to use it ?

- I'm used to download my rom every friday and flash it in TWRP.
With this rollback thing, is there any precaution to have (I understood that i MUSTN'T go back to a previous rom --> Brick)

- Can I flash any zip file without issue with this rollback on ?

- Can I upgrade my TWRP.img without issue directly by TWRP with this rollback on ?
I did it and it was ok

I'm getting confused ...

- I made the fastboot getvar and the result was "antivar : 1"
I only saw antivar 4 online, what does antivar 1 mean ?

Last edited: