Mi8 Pro Fingerprint / Wake from sleep

p1nkynator

Members
Mar 22, 2016
I am using 10.3 9.1.24 weekly rom and noticed that i can not wake the device with pressing the display when its on sleep mode. I get a vibration response but nothing happens., no light on fingerprint sensor. When you wake the device with powerbutton and use fingerprint then everthing works.

I am not sure but i think that is ROM related. Can you confirm? How do you wake your device?

I have the same problem exactly. When I have open the aod clock the fingerprint works. When is of only a small vibrate and no light and don't unlock.. Maybe is problem at the rom??

The same "problem".
Actually I have always had it like this not only on the latest beta.
I really need to wake the device and then fingerprint works....sort of ....30% of times. (But That one is the hardware issue I think with Mi8EE).

Were you really able to unlock with the fingerprint from sleep screen on the earlier ROM's?
Maybe we are missing a "feature" :) ???

Feedback to my feedback.
And maybe answer to the OP's message.

I just managed to use my fingerprint to unlock my 8EE. :emoji_face_palm: I took 5 tries with the finger used by different angles to the sensor :emoji_triumph:.
So the under-display sensor is complete :emoji_poop:.

I doubt you can fix the hardware issue with the software update.
Matter of fact, 8PRO has new gen. scanner's hardware which was reported as the upgraded version of what we have in 8EE.
So cross the fingers for 8PRO guys and maybe better tweaked drivers in new ROM.

Reactions: stathis95194
Hello dear friends. Now with the new update the problem its here again . Do we know why ?? Because at the global dev for mi8 pro the unlock fingerprint work like a charm without any colourful watch at ambient display !! I think some problem is at the new <<mode>> with the colourful watches...

Last edited:
Hello dear friends. We talk here with some friends at our Greek community and @Octaviastikos which have also mi8 Pro. 50% have the problem like me 50% not. I have already flashed a lot of roms, official china dev and official global dev and the fingerprint works good until custom 9.1.17. After that rom the problem begins .. I'm wondering if this is a problem at hardware. I Run the AIDA 64 i went to the Devices and i give the permissions and i see the model of my fingerprint sensor !! Can you check those with the same problem which type of fingerprint sensor have and tell as ?? Also it will help to tell us and this which work and don't have problem. The problem begins deffently when put this function - module the xiaomi eu. because at official roms nether colour ambient display nether dark mode exists. Thanks For your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-04-00-09-29-552_com.finalwire.aida64[1].png
    Screenshot_2019-03-04-00-09-29-552_com.finalwire.aida64[1].png
    246.6 KB · Views: 346
This my fingerprint from mi 8 Pro..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-04-07-30-43-098_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-04-07-30-43-098_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 575
  • Screenshot_2019-03-04-10-38-25-800_com.finalwire.aida64.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-04-10-38-25-800_com.finalwire.aida64.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 325
Just installed xiaomi.eu ROM weekly 9.3.1 on Mi8pro and tested with and without magisk 18.1. But still not working.

why has a different name here?

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_083942.jpg
    IMG_20190305_083942.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-08-38-38-139_com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-08-38-38-139_com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 325
At official roms inside build prop write only eqquleus.. Noware see the dipper.. The Xiaomi eu. take the code fingerprint code from mi8 dipper and port the Mi9 colorful clocks and make the costum rom for Mi8 Pro.. This is the reason that we have the problem at our fingerprint with ambient display. If someone moderator read that please fix the codec normal to unlock correctly!!

The damage is done by the eu from where we spend all of our rom ... The colored clocks is some port from the mi 9 ... I have tried almost all the chinabrom and all it has is the white watch .... And the same in global rom ...

The emu you give us the pussy is crashing everywhere .. one does not sit right then something then "steals" from the global rom code and makes them coulombs ...

Reactions: geozg2
This is the reason of the problem you have right dear @Octaviastikos the point is can do anything the xiaomi eu. developer team to make some changes and fix the problem or is only copy paste and they don't care??