Mi8 Pro Fingerprint / Wake from sleep

Mar 22, 2016
I am using 10.3 9.1.24 weekly rom and noticed that i can not wake the device with pressing the display when its on sleep mode. I get a vibration response but nothing happens., no light on fingerprint sensor. When you wake the device with powerbutton and use fingerprint then everthing works.

I am not sure but i think that is ROM related. Can you confirm? How do you wake your device?

Oct 21, 2016
I have the same problem exactly. When I have open the aod clock the fingerprint works. When is of only a small vibrate and no light and don't unlock.. Maybe is problem at the rom??

Feb 8, 2019
The same "problem".
Actually I have always had it like this not only on the latest beta.
I really need to wake the device and then fingerprint works....sort of ....30% of times. (But That one is the hardware issue I think with Mi8EE).

Were you really able to unlock with the fingerprint from sleep screen on the earlier ROM's?
Maybe we are missing a "feature" :) ???

Feb 8, 2019
Feedback to my feedback.
And maybe answer to the OP's message.

I just managed to use my fingerprint to unlock my 8EE. :emoji_face_palm: I took 5 tries with the finger used by different angles to the sensor :emoji_triumph:.
So the under-display sensor is complete :emoji_poop:.

Feb 8, 2019
I doubt you can fix the hardware issue with the software update.
Matter of fact, 8PRO has new gen. scanner's hardware which was reported as the upgraded version of what we have in 8EE.
So cross the fingers for 8PRO guys and maybe better tweaked drivers in new ROM.